|Directed by||George Hickenlooper|
|Produced by||Gary Howsam
|Written by||Norman Snider|
|Music by||Jonathan Goldsmith|
|Edited by||William Steinkamp|
|Distributed by||Art Takes Over Films (ATO)|
Casino Jack is a 2010 action thriller comedy film starring Kevin Spacey and directed by George Hickenlooper. The film focuses on the career of Washington, D.C. lobbyist and businessman Jack Abramoff, who was involved in a massive corruption scandal that led to his conviction as well as the conviction of two White House officials, Rep. Bob Ney, and nine other lobbyists and congressional staffers. Abramoff was convicted of fraud, conspiracy and tax evasion in 2006, and of trading expensive gifts, meals and sports trips in exchange for political favors. Abramoff served three and a half years of a six-year sentence in federal prison, and was then assigned to a halfway house. He was released on December 3, 2010.
A hot shot Washington DC lobbyist and his protégé go down hard as their schemes to peddle influence lead to corruption and murder.
Filming took place in June 2009 in various locations across Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, including McMaster University and downtown Hamilton. The film was scheduled for release in December 2010 and premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival.
This was Hickenlooper's final film. He died on October 29, 2010, seven weeks before its scheduled December 17, 2010, national opening.
- Kevin Spacey as Jack Abramoff
- Kelly Preston as Pam Abramoff
- Rachelle Lefevre as Emily J. Miller
- Barry Pepper as Michael Scanlon
- Jon Lovitz as Adam Kidan
- John David Whalen as Kevin A. Ring
- Yannick Bisson as Oscar Carillo
- Graham Greene as Bernie Sprague
- Eric Schweig as Chief Poncho
- Maury Chaykin as Big Tony
- Christian Campbell as Ralph Reed
- Spencer Garrett as Tom DeLay
- Joe Pingue as Anthony Ferrari
- David Fraser as Karl Rove
- Jeffrey R. Smith as Grover Norquist
- Daniel Kash as Konstantinos "Gus" Boulis
- Conrad Pla as Agent Hanley
- Hannah Endicott-Douglas as Sarah Abramoff
- Ruth Marshall as Susan Schmidt
- Reid Morgan as Brian Mann
- Duke Redbird as Senator Nighthorse
Casino Jack has received mixed reviews from critics. It has been given a 36% "rotten" rating according to Rotten Tomatoes with the consensus: "Kevin Spacey turns in one of his stronger performances, but Casino Jack is a disappointingly uneven fictionalized account of a fascinating true story." Roger Ebert awarded Casino Jack three out of four stars, stating that "Casino Jack is so forthright, it is stunning."
- "Casino Jack -- Film Review by Michael Rechtshaffen". thehollywoodreporter.com. October 14, 2010. Retrieved February 18, 2011.
- Abramoff Pleads Guilty, Will Help in Corruption Probe
- US lobbyist jailed for corruption
- Abramoff Gets Reduced Sentence of Four Years in Prison
- Kevin Spacey
- Evans, Ian (2010), "Casino Jack premiere photos - 35th Toronto International Film Festival", DigitalHit.com, retrieved 2012-04-10
- "Entertainment News, Celebrity Interviews and Pop Culture - ABC News". Abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- "Casino Jack". Chicago Sun-Times.
- Casino Jack at AllMovie
- Casino Jack at Box Office Mojo
- Casino Jack at the Internet Movie Database
- Casino Jack at Metacritic
- Casino Jack at Rotten Tomatoes
- Casino Jack production website at Hannibal Pictures