Centennial Regional High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Centennial Regional High School|
Varietas Concordia Honestas
Diversity Harmony Moral Dignity
Greenfield Park (Longueuil), Quebec, J4V 1H1, Canada
|School board||Riverside School Board|
|School type||Comprehensive English-language regional high school|
|Grades||7 to 11|
|Area||South Shore (Montreal): Greenfield Park, Laflèche (Saint-Hubert), Brossard.|
|Team name||The Chargers|
|Colours||Gold and burgundy|
Centennial Regional High School (CRHS) is a co-educational comprehensive public high school located in the Greenfield Park borough of Longueuil, Quebec, Canada, a suburb of Montreal. It was opened in 1972 and named to commemorate the centennial anniversary of Canada's confederation. More than 300 students graduate each year. The school's student body is culturally diverse. In the 2011-2012 year, the school adopted a house system in an attempt to try and raise school spirit.
Programs and services
- Middle school program
- Talented and gifted program
- Post-immersion (French mother tongue) program
- Regular old English program
- Business and career education
- Creative & performing arts
- Languages/ language arts
- Mathematics, science and technology
- Personal development
- Social sciences
- Student support center
Recently,[when?] Centennial Regional High school was awarded a "Jam Space" from Musicounts, enabling students to practise with their bands at lunchtime or after school.
- Steven Crowder, comedian, actor, Fox News contributor.
- Elisha Cuthbert, film and television actor.
- Tod Fennell, film and television actor.
- Elias Koteas, film and television actor.
- Jamie Orchard, current TV news anchor for Global Montreal.
- Jonathan "Jon" Lajoie, television actor and stand-up comedian.
- Riverside School Board (RSB), Quebec English-language school board responsible for CRHS.
- "Centennial Regional High School". Riverside School Board. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Menke, Cajetan J. (June 1990). "The Talented and Gifted Programme at Centennial Regional High School". Roeper Review 12 (4): 249–252. doi:10.1080/02783199009553284. Retrieved 3 May 2007.