Centennial Regional High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2014)|
|Centennial Regional High School|
Varietas Concordia Honestas
Diversity Harmony Moral Dignity
Greenfield Park (Longueuil), Quebec, J4V 1H1, Canada
|School board||Riverside School Board|
|Administrator||Valerie Ford (A-F)
Daphne Mullins (G-L)
Steven Carroll (M-Z)
|School type||Comprehensive English-Language Regional High School|
|Grades||7 to 11|
|Area||South Shore (Montreal): Greenfield Park, Laflèche (Saint-Hubert), Brossard.|
|Team name||The Chargers|
|Colours||Gold and burgundy|
Centennial Regional High School (CRHS) is a co-educational comprehensive public high school located in the Greenfield Park borough of Longueuil, Quebec, Canada, a suburb of Montreal. It was opened in 1972 and named to commemorate the centennial anniversary of Canada's confederation. More than 300 students graduate each year. The school's student body is culturally diverse. In the 2011-2012 year, the school adopted a house system in an attempt to raise school spirit. It was previously a part of the South Shore Protestant Regional School Board.
It opened in 1971 as the regional high school of the South Shore Protestant board. Upon opening it relieved Chambly High School. It was built within the Longueuil school board even though it was physically in Greenfield Park. Roderick MacLeod and Mary Anne Poutanen, authors of A Meeting of the People: School Boards and Protestant Communities in Quebec, 1801-1998, wrote that this caused "resentment" within the school boards that made up the regional board even though the placement of the school was "intended as a kind of compromise".
Programs and services
- Middle School Program
- Talented and Gifted Program
- Liberal Arts Program
- Post-Immersion (French Mother Tongue) Program
- English Program
- Business and Career Education
- Creative & Performing arts
- Languages/ Language arts
- Mathematics, Science and Technology
- Personal Development
- Social Sciences
- Student Support center
- WOTP Program
- Centennial Regional High School official website
- Riverside School Board official website
- Centennial Regional High School's Official Youtube Page
- Centennial Regional High School's Official Facebook Page
- Centennial Regional High School's Official Twitter Page
- Steven Crowder, comedian, actor, Fox News contributor.
- Elisha Cuthbert, film and television actor.
- Tod Fennell, film and television actor.
- Elias Koteas, film and television actor.
- Jamie Orchard, current TV news anchor for Global Montreal.
- Jonathan "Jon" Lajoie, television actor and stand-up comedian.
- Riverside School Board (RSB), Quebec English-language school board responsible for CRHS.
- "Centennial Regional High School". Riverside School Board. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- Menke, Cajetan J. (June 1990). "The Talented and Gifted Programme at Centennial Regional High School". Roeper Review 12 (4): 249–252. doi:10.1080/02783199009553284. Retrieved 3 May 2007.
- "Volet Jeunesse" (Archive). Carrefour jeunesse-emploi Côte-des-Neiges (CJE CDN). p. 137/165. "du South Shore Regional Protestant School Board - Centennial Regional High School,"
- MacLeod, Roderick and Mary Anne Poutanen. A Meeting of the People: School Boards and Protestant Communities in Quebec, 1801-1998 (Volume 15 of Studies on the History of Quebec/Études d'histoire du Quebec Series). McGill-Queen's Press (MQUP), 2004. ISBN 0773527427, 9780773527423. p. 333.