Centro Sportivo di Collecchio
|Address||Strade Nazionale Est
43044 Collecchio PR
|Owner||Parma Football Club S.p.A.|
|Type||Football training ground and headquarters|
The Centro Sportivo di Collecchio, or Collecchio Sports Centre in English, is Parma F.C.'s training ground and administrative headquarters, which is located in Collecchio, a comune 15 kilometres south-west of the Stadio Ennio Tardini, the club's stadium. It opened in 1996 and replaced the old training ground in the centre of Parma: Parco Ferrari, just south of the stadium and 200 metres due east of the Cittadella di Parma.
The first team train and play many of their home friendly matches at the complex; the main exception to this is the club's season opener, which is used to present the squad for the coming year. Three of Parma's youth teams – the under-20s, the under-17s and the under-16s – play their home matches at Collecchio. Younger sides train at Campi Stuard.
The centre spans 114,000 square metres and seven pitches (one of which is a synthetic five-a-side pitch), including a 1,200-seat grandstand, which sits atop the main building, which is home to a locker room, a therapy room, medical offices and a gym. It also houses the offices of both the manager and the president, as well as the press room, post-training conferences several times a week being very regular in Italian football.
On 27 February 2014, the opening of a new synthetic indoor pitch was announced.
On 16 December 2011, it was announced that the club's headquarters would be relocated to Collecchio from the Stadio Ennio Tardini once construction of a new 2,150-square metre office was completed. Work was scheduled to begin in 2012 and completed by the summer of 2013. The €6.5 million cost was to be financed by a twenty-year mortgage loan. The foundations had been laid by March 2012 and most of the exterior was in place by the end of the July. The majority of the glass façade was in place in mid-August. In a press conference on 5 September, club president Tommaso Ghirardi announced that the new offices should be ready in the next 10 days or so and that the building should be complete in its entirety after a further month.
- "CS Collecchio" [Collecchio Sports Centre]. fcparma.com. Parma F.C. Retrieved 26 December 2010.
- "Ecco la nuova sede del Parma Football Club" [Here is the new home of Parma Football Club]. fcparma.com (Parma F.C.). 16 December 2011. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Nuovo centro direzionale Parma FC" [New Parma FC headquarters]. StadioTardini.com. 28 March 2012. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Parma, cresce il nuovo direzionale" [Parma, the new headquarters grow]. Gruppo Editoriale L'Espresso (Rome: La Repubblica). 25 July 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.
- "Nuovo centro direzionale Parma FC di Collecchio… Fotogallerry amatoriale" [New Parma FC Collecchio headquarters… amateur photo gallery]. StadioTardini.com. 10 August 2012. Retrieved 22 August 2012.
- "Ghirardi: “Confido molto in questa squadra”" [Ghirardi: "I have a lot of trust in this squad"]. fcparma.com (Parma F.C.). 5 September 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2012.