||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (August 2010)|
|Origin||San Diego, California, USA|
|Genres||Rock, progressive metal, post hardcore|
|Associated acts||Austrian Death Machine, Destroy The Runner, Count Your Curses, As I Lay Dying, Chiodos, Confide, In Fear and Faith|
|Past members||Joel Piper
Chapter 14 is an American alternative metalcore rock band from Carlsbad, California consisting of vocalist Chad Ackerman (Destroy the Runner, As I Lay Dying, Austrian Death Machine), guitarist Tanner Sparks (Destroy the Runner), bassist Edwin Peraza, and Jonathan Knauer on drums.
Founded in 2003 by Ackerman and Sparks the band also consisted of drummer Mike Catalano (Chiodos, Destroy the Runner), guitarist Noah Slifka (In Fear and Faith) and bassist Eddie Hudson (Paper Mache). The band was unable to put together a full-length album but did complete two full U.S. tours and several demos without a label or financial backing.
After four years trying to land a record deal the band split up in 2007 when Ackerman and Sparks were offered the roles of vocalist and bassist for Destroy the Runner’s departing Kyle Setter and Jeremiah Crespo respectively. Noah Slifka went on to join In Fear and Faith the same year while Mike Catalano would join back up with Ackerman and Sparks in Destroy the Runner in 2008. Eddie Hudson moved on to play bass for the band Paper Mache. 
On May 16, 2010 Destroy the Runner announced they were going on an “indefinite hiatus.” The same day Ackerman announced that he and Sparks would reform Chapter 14, and he invited the other members to rejoin.
Chapter 14 self-released an EP entitled Like Trees in November on November 30, 2010.
- Like Trees In November (2010) (self released)
- "Wizard Of Gods"
- "Acts Aside From Action"
- "Moth and Rust (featuring Matt Geise)"
- The Bad Shephard (2011) (self released)
- "Ex-Destroy The Runner Members Start Chapter 14". Ryansrockshow.com. 2010-06-06. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Interview with Chad Ackerman of Chapter 14 - Rock Edition | Rock News, Interviews, Tour Dates". Rock Edition. 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Ryan's Rock Show. "Why Destroy The Runner Broke Up: Vocalist Chad Ackerman Tells All".
- Pure Volume. Chapter 14 @ Pure Volume
- San Diego Reader. Chapter 14 "We're Back,Full Throttle"
- Metal Underground. Chapter 14 "Like Trees In November"