||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
Charles N. "Charlie" Papazian is an American nuclear engineer who founded the Association of Brewers and the Great American Beer Festival, and wrote The Complete Joy of Home Brewing. Papazian is the current president of the Brewers Association. He attended the University of Virginia.
Brewing associations 
In 1979 Papazian founded the Association of Brewers and remained President of that organization until 2005, when the Association of Brewers merged with the 63-year-old Brewers Association of America, and Papazian was named President of the combined organization. Papazian also founded the American Homebrewers Association in 1978, a group that is also now under the umbrella of the Brewers Association. Other organizations and annual events subsequently founded by Papazian include the Institute for Brewing Studies, Brewers Publications, the Great American Beer Festival, the World Beer Cup, and Zymurgy magazine.
Complete Joy of Home Brewing 
In 1984, Papazian wrote his first book on the subject of home brewing, titled The Complete Joy of Home Brewing. As of August 2005, The Complete Joy of Home Brewing has seen 25 reprintings, 3 editions, and has sold over 900,000 copies. As the first American (and, for over a decade, the only) mass-market book to provide in-depth information on subject of how to brew beer in the home, The Complete Joy of Home Brewing was very often the sole source of home brewing information for novice home brewers in America. Consequently, the book has gained iconic status among America's home brewing community, who have referred to it as the "home brewer's bible." Papazian has since written five more books.
- Joy of Brewing, Copyright 1976, Log Boom Brewing, Boulder Colorado
- The Complete Joy of Homebrewing (3rd Edition), ISBN 0-06-053105-3
- The Homebrewer's Companion, ISBN 0-06-058473-4
- Brewing Mead: Wassail! In Mazers of Mead (co-authored with Robert Gayre), ISBN 0-937381-00-4
- Home Brewer's Gold: Prize-Winning Recipes from the 1996 World Beer Cup Competition (compiled by Charlie Papazian, currently out-of-print), ISBN 0-380-79192-7
- Zymurgy For The Homebrewer And Beer Lover: Best Articles and Advice From America's #1 Homebrewing Magazine (edited by Charlie Papazian, currently out-of-print), ISBN 0-380-79399-7
- Microbrewed Adventures: A Lupulin Filled Journey to the Heart and Flavor of the World's Greatest Craft Beers, ISBN 0-06-075814-7