China Strike Force
|China Strike Force|
Hong Kong poster
|Directed by||Stanley Tong|
|Produced by||Andre E. Morgan
|Written by||Steven Whitney
|Music by||Nathan Wang|
|Cinematography||Jeffrey C. Mygatt|
|Box office||HK$ 20,513,906|
China Strike Force (traditional Chinese: 雷霆戰警; simplified Chinese: 雷霆战警; pinyin: lèitìng zhànjǐng) is a 2000 Hong Kong action film starring Aaron Kwok, Norika Fujiwara, Leehom Wang and Ruby Lin. It was directed by Stanley Tong and written by Steven Whitney and Stanley Tong.
China Strike Force was shot in both Mandarin and English. The director Stanley Tong shot the film in Shanghai as the location as he found it cheaper than shooting the film in Hong Kong and he also wanted to get to know mainland China better.
- Aaron Kwok as Darren Tong
- Norika Fujiwara as Norika
- Coolio as Coolio
- Mark Dacascos as Tony Lau
- Alexander Leehom Wang as Alex Cheung
- Ruby Lin as Ruby Lin
- Paul Chun as Sheriff Lin
- Lau Siu-Ming as Uncle Ma
- Ken Lo as Ken
- Jennifer Lin as Jennifer
- Jung Yuen as Lee (Coolio's bodyguard)
- Tony Wang as Mr. Leuong (Sheriff Lin's assistant)
- Benny Lai
- Jackson Liu
- Paul Cheng
- Tung Li-Hsueh
China Strike Force was released on 21 December 2000 in Hong Kong where it grossed a total of HK$ 20,513,906. At the 20th Annual Hong Kong Film Awards, the film was nominated for Best New Performer (Wang Lee Hom), Best Action Choreography (Stanley Tong and Ailen Sit Chun Wai) and Best Sound Design (Paul Pirola).
- Landler, Mark (13 August 2000). "FILM; Back to Hong Kong, Where the Action Is". New York Times. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- China Strike Force at HKMDB
- China Strike Force at chinesemov.com
- "China Strike Force". Hong Kong Film Archive. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- "20th Annual Hong Kong Film Awards Winner". Hong Kong Film Awards. Retrieved 22 January 2011.
- China Strike Force at the Internet Movie Database
- China Strike Force at AllMovie
- China Strike Force at the Disobiki.
|This Hong Kong film-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|