City of Hobart
|City of Hobart
The City of Hobart (green) and Greater Hobart (teal)
|• Density||625.2/km2 (1,619/sq mi)|
|Area||77.9 km2 (30.1 sq mi)|
|Website||City of Hobart|
The City of Hobart is governed by the Hobart City Council, consisting of twelve aldermen headed by the Lord Mayor of Hobart. The present Lord Mayor is Sue Hickey. Aldermen are elected every four years.
The Hobart City Council estimates that on weekdays "close to 50% of the population of Greater Hobart would be in the City for working, shopping, education, personal business or leisure purposes".
Major industries by employment:
- Health and Community Services 17%
- Retail Trade 13%
- Property and Business Services 12%
- Government Administration 12%
- Education 9%
The City has five major hospitals and fire, police, and emergency service headquarters.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Hobart (C) (LGA)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2012-09-10.
- Hobart City Council
- Draft City of Hobart Planning Scheme 2009, Hobart City Council
- Sister Cities. City of Hobart (2006). Retrieved on 24 December 2006.
|This Tasmania geography article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|