||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (September 2013)|
ITC Classmate logo
|Chand Das, CEO, ITC's education and stationery products business (ESPB)|
|Products||Variety of Consumer goods - Notebooks, Pens, Pencils, Math Instruments, Erasers & Sharpeners|
|Slogan||For the Big Ideas in You|
|Website||Classmate Stationery Official Website|
Classmate is an Indian brand of student stationery products. ITC Limited launched its Classmate brand in 2003 with the notebooks category. Subsequently, Classmate added new products to its portfolio which consists of pens, pencils, mechanical pencils and geometry boxes. Classmate has 900 distributors who make the products available in over 70,000 outlets in India. Classmate, brought in earnings of 40 crore in 2005-06. This increased to more than Rs. 650 Crores in 2011-12.
- 1 Products
- 2 Initiatives
- 3 References
- 4 External links
Classmate notebook brand has a product range of more than 300 variants, and is custom made to take care of varying needs in notebooks, long books, practical books, drawing books and reminder pads segments. ITC focused on the design elements of notebooks: each Classmate notebook has a theme on the cover and related information inside.
ITC forayed into the pen industry with the launch of Classmate pens across markets offering the consumer stylish and attractive designs.
Classmate HB Jet Black Pencils mark the entry of Classmate into the pencils category.
Classmate mechanical pencils are intended for sharp, precise writing and drawing, especially used for precise drawings in subjects like maths,drawing and engineering.
Classmate Invento and Classmate Victor are part of the range of geometry boxes. Invento is positioned as a more premium product carrying interesting trivia and other useful information about the subject, while Victor provides tinted plastic instruments that makes it easier for beginners.
Classmate Ideas for India challenge
Classmate has launched a program called Classmate Ideas for India challenge. The program would be a part of the company's centenary initiative. The nation-wide program would invite ideas of the youth who have the potential to transform India. Classmate Ideas for India challenge plans to reach out to 2.5 million students across 30 cities, 500 schools and 200 colleges across the country. The CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development, WWF India, the Tony Blair Faith Foundation, Janaagraha and the Akshaya Patra Foundation among others are the program partners for the event. The program would encourage the finalists with an internship with relevant program partners, besides cash prizes and other rewards. Additionally, the top five winners would be sent to a one week international study tour.
Brand Ambassadors: Rajveer Singh, Saif Ali Khan
ITC Classmate hosted a discussion on the subject titled Principal, Parents and Children: Building a Relationship of Mutuality. The panelists agreed on the need for greater student involvement, in the choice of what they are taught, as well as the method of imparting education.
Corporate Social Responsibility
Every Classmate notebook carries ITC's Corporate Social Responsibility message on its back. For every four Classmate Notebooks purchased, ITC contributes 1 to its social development initiative that supports, among other projects, primary education.
Classmate Young Authors Contest
The Classmate Young Author Contest 2004 (CYAC 2004) was initiated by ITC Limited to provide a platform for budding writers among students to showcase their talent and an opportunity to develop it through interaction with some of the country's leading literary icons.
WWF-India and ITC Ltd. Promoting Responsible Forestry
This first took off in the year 2009. ITC Classmate becomes the first Indian company to join the Global Forest and Trade Network (GFTN). Paperkraft Premium Business Paper which is a product of ITC Limited and is the country's greenest paper mill. ITC contributes towards environment: through 'Ozone treatment & ECF technology' to eliminate toxicity in their industrial effluents released by them into the ecosystem and in a large scale through afforestation and water conservation by planting 8 trees for every tree used and has greened over 1 lakh hectares as on today, since 2008.
- "ITC, 100 years old and still adding muscles". Financial Chronicle. 2010-04-21.
- "ITC targets the schoolbag". Business Standard. 2010-01-18.
- "How ITC's filling up schoolbags". rediff.com. 2006-04-12.
- "ITC to grow office stationery business on green plank". sify.com. 2009-08-07.
- "Yuvraj Singh and Soha Ali Khan come together to promote ITC's Classmate". afaqs. 2010-01-13.
- "ITC: Leading Multi-business conglomerate turns 100". The Economic Times. 2010-08-24.
- "ITC launches Classmate Ideas challenge". Business Line. 2010-08-23.
- "ITC announces Classmate Ideas for India Challenge". afaqs. 2010-09-15.
- "ITC’s Classmate announces Classmate Ideas for India Challenge". India Infoline. 2010-08-23.
- "Ideas for India". Deccan Chronicle. 2010-09-07.
- "Rajveer Singh, Saif Ali Khan ambassadors for ITC's stationery brand". Business Line. 2010-01-12.
- "Bridging the gap". The Telegraph. 2007-03-13.
- "Eventus Integrated wins business worth Rs 10 crore". afaqs. 2004-10-25.
- "ITC Classmate". World Wide Fund for Nature.
- http://www.itcportal.com/businesses/fmcg/education-and-stationery-products/paperkraft/go-green.aspx. Missing or empty