|Education||London Bible College (Now: London School of Theology)|
Clive Calver (born 1949) is an Evangelical Christian leader, teacher, author and international speaker. He is the senior pastor of Walnut Hill Community Church, Bethel, Connecticut. For seven years he was president of World Relief and he traveled around the world, ministering to the poor and networking with churches to follow after the teachings of Jesus Christ and bring help to those in need. Calver previously led the Evangelical Alliance of the United Kingdom and was a major spokesperson for Evangelicals on both sides of the Atlantic. It was during that time that Calver and his commentaries on current issues were featured often on the BBC. During the early 1970s, he founded and led the groundbreaking mission team "In the Name of Jesus" (ITNOJ), which included Graham Kendrick, Stephen Maxted, Steve and Cathy Coupe and Rob Buckridge among its members. He also went on to lead British Youth for Christ, and was heavily involved in the Spring Harvest series of Christian Conferences. He has also appeared on ABC's Nightline, CNN, and National Public Radio. He has authored twenty books and has been published in many national and local print media. He married Ruth Kirby, daughter of Gilbert Kirby, the principal of London Bible College that both he and Ruth attended.
- Sold Out: Taking the Lid Off Evangelism (1980) ISBN 0-551-00827-X
- With a Church Like This Who Needs Satan? (1981) ISBN 0-551-00898-9
- The Fight of Your Life (1986) by Clive Calver and Derek B. Copley ISBN 0-86065-355-2
- Growing Together (1986) by Ruth and Clive Calver ISBN 0-86065-432-X
- Where Truth and Justice Meet (1987) ISBN 0-340-41065-5
- He Brings Us Together (1987) ISBN 0-340-39609-1
- Thinking Clearly About the Truth (1995) ISBN 1-85424-289-X
- Together We Stand (1996) ISBN 0-340-64237-8
- The Holy Spirit: Transforming Us and Our World (2001) ISBN 1-85999-527-6
- (Series Editor) Prayer (Thinking Clearly Series) by John Woolmer and Clive Calver (2001) ISBN 0-8254-6022-0
- (Series Editor) The Uniqueness of Jesus (Thinking Clearly Series) by Chris Wright and Clive Calver (2002) ISBN 0-8254-6006-9
- (Series Editor) Great Commission (Thinking Clearly Series) by Rose Dowsett and Clive Calver (2002) ISBN 0-8254-6032-8
- Descending Like a Dove: The Truth About the Holy Spirit (2004) ISBN 1-59185-290-0
- Alive In the Spirit (2006) ISBN 1-59185-872-0
- On the Front Line: A Father and Son, 30 Years Apart, Debate What It Means to Live All Out for Jesus by Clive Calver and Gavin Calver (2007) ISBN 0-8254-6148-0
- Dying To Live: The Paradox of the Crucified Life (2009) ISBN 1-934068-80-2
- Hocken, Peter D. (2002). "Calver, Clive". In Stanley M. Burgess. The new international dictionary of Pentecostal and charismatic movements. (Rev. and expanded ed.). Grand Rapids, Mich.: Zondervan Pub. House. pp. 453–454. ISBN 0310224810.
- "What British Evangelicals Do Right". Christianity Today. 1996-12-09. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Goodstein, Laurie (2003-05-08). "Top Evangelicals Critical Of Colleagues Over Islam". The New York Times. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- "Relief Efforts in Sudan". PBS.org. 1998-08-07. Retrieved 2009-05-04.