From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up coccoid in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Coccoid means shaped like or resembling a coccus, that is, spherical.
The noun coccoid or coccoids may refer to:
- Coccus, plural "cocci", any bacterium that has a spherical, ovoid, or a generally round shape
- the superfamily Coccoidea of scale insects
- the Coccidae family within the Coccoidea
- the coccoid green algae, formerly the Chlorococcales, now in several orders within the division Chlorophyta
- certain dinoflagellates with a coccoid form, notably the Symbiodinium
- Coccolite, a form of the mineral diopside
- Coccolithophore, a class of phytoplankton (alga)
- Coccolith, a platelet formed by coccolithophore, found in chalk
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Coccoid.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.