Colin Forbes Adam
He was the youngest son of Sir Frank Forbes Adam, 1st Baronet. His older brothers were General Sir Ronald Forbes Adam, 2nd Baronet GCB DSO OBE and Eric Forbes Adam CMG. He was educated at Eton and King's College, Cambridge. During the First World War he served as an officer with the Indian Expeditionary Force to Mesopotamia and Palestine.
In 1920 he married The Hon. Irene Constance Lawley, only child of Beilby Lawley, 3rd Baron Wenlock; they had three sons and a daughter:
- Virginia Mary Forbes Adam (1922-), married Hugo Charteris MC.
- The Rev. Sir Stephen Timothy Beilby Forbes Adam, 4th Baronet (1923-)
- Desmond Francis Forbes Adam (1926-1958)
- Nigel Colin Forbes Adam (1930-)
He was appointed a Companion of the Order of the Star of India in 1924.
In 1948 he published Life of Lord Lloyd, a biography of George Lloyd, 1st Baron Lloyd.
He was a Deputy Lieutenant of Kingston-upon-Hull from 1958–1966.
- ADAM, Colin Gurdon Forbes’, Who Was Who, A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc, 1920–2008; online edn, Oxford University Press, December 2007 accessed 28 December 2012