Collins Hill High School
|Collins Hill High School
Crest - - - Eagle (made by Coach Brad Hayes)
"You can't hide that Eagle pride!"
|50 Taylor Road
Gwinnett County, near Suwanee, Georgia 30024
|Type||College preparatory, Technical|
|Founder||Mr. Coley Krug (original principal)|
|School district||Gwinnett County Public Schools|
|Grades||9, 10, 11, 12|
|Number of students||3,054|
|Hours in school day||07:10 AM - 02:11 PM|
|Campus||70 acres (280,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Green, Silver and White with Black as an unofficial accent.|
|Buildings||4: 1.000; 2.000; 3.000; Field House (4.000)|
|Special Rooms||28 offices, 1 theater, 2 gymnasiums, 1 large 8000-seat stadium, 3 athletic playing fields, and 2 practice fields|
|Website||Collins Hill High School|
The Collins Hill property
Collins Hill High School is a high school in Gwinnett County, near Suwanee, Georgia. The school is operated by Gwinnett County Public Schools. Collins Hill was the biggest high school in Georgia when it first opened in 1994. Collins Hill has added 20 acres (81,000 m2) since it first opened. With the only school feeding into it being Creekland Middle School (the largest middle school in the US) the student population of Collins Hill has grown from its original 1377 students to an official highest of about 4,200 students, the current count being 3,730. The mascot of Collins Hill is the "Screamin' Eagle". Collins Hill's principal academic and athletic rival is nearby Peachtree Ridge High School.The official school colors are green, silver, and white, unofficially black is included in those colors.
The Georgia Athletic Directors Association and Regions Bank has awarded Collins Hill High School the 2009-2010 Class 5A Regions Bank Directors Cups combined overall award.
Since 1994, the Collins Hill Athletic Program has produced numerous state championships and numerous division 1 college athletes.
In 2005-06, The Girls’ Softball team, Boys' and Girls’ Track, Cross Country, and Girl's Basketball Team were state AAAAA champions, and the school was awarded the Director's Cup for having the top AAAAA sports program in the state of Georgia.
In 2008, the girls cross country and wrestling teams both won state championships. These titles along with many top 10 finishes by the other CHHS sports helped land the athletic program a number 9 ranking by Sports Illustrated in their annual national ranking of high school athletics.
The Softball team, coached by Billy Dooley, won back-to-back State Championships in 2009 and 2010.
The Collins Hill boys soccer team were back to back state champions in 2009 and 2010.
In 2010, the Baseball team won the Region 7-AAAAA Championship finishing 20-6 overall and 14-4 in the region, the girls track and field team won the Region 7-AAAAA Championship and the boys won the State AAAAA Soccer Championship.
In 2010, The Collins Hill Cheer-leading Competition Squad went to State for the first time in eight years and received third place.
In 2013, The Collins Hill Football team won the Region 7-AAAAAA Championship in a 3 way tie with North Gwinnett and Norcross High School.
In 2013, The Collins Hill Softball team won a state championship; the team was ranked number one nationally at the end of the year by MaxPreps.
- Brandon Coutu, Ex-Seattle Seahawks placekicker
- Matt Lanter, model and actor
- Kyle Maynard, 2004 ESPN ESPY Award winner and author of No Excuses
- Maya Moore, McDonald's All-American, 2006 & 2007 Naismith Prep Player of the Year,WNBA Champion University of Connecticut Huskies Basketball Player
- Taylor Heinicke, Old Dominion Monarchs Quarterback
Each year, the students volunteer over 27,000 hours toward community service activities including the Thanksgiving Can-a-Thon, Holiday Hope, and Relay for Life. Also many students participate in community service clubs such as Beta Club, and are very active in helping others. Students are offered many volunteer opportunities throughout the year via the school's Volunteer Center. There are also four scholarships that students can receive for volunteering at Collins Hill and getting involved.
- "Welcome to Collins Hill High School". collinshill.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "GHSA Sanctioned Athletic Events". GHSA.
- "GHSFHA Collins Hill Yearly Record". GHSFHA.
- "Super 25 girls basketball rankings". USA Today. 27 March 2007.
- "Collins Hill Eagles Soccer". eteamz.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Collins Hill softball ranked No. 1 nationally, Buford second". Gwinnett Prep Sports. November 14, 2013. Retrieved August 1, 2014.
- "History of Collins Hill High School: 1994–2006". Gwinnett County High Schools.
- "CHHS Volunteer Center". collinshill.com. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- Collins Hill High School
- CHHS Athletics
- Collins Hill High School basketball
- CHHS Cheerleading
- CHHS Baseball