Con O'Neill (actor)
15 August 1966
Weston-super-Mare, Somerset, England, UK
He was awarded the Laurence Olivier Theatre Award in 1988 for "Best Actor in a Musical" for his performance in Willy Russell's Blood Brothers, and was nominated for Broadway's 1993 Tony Award as Best Actor (musical) for Blood Brothers.
In the 1980s he had a walk-on role in another British series, One Summer as "Jackson".
He starred in Dancin' Thru the Dark, the 1990 film adaptation of Russell's Stags and Hens.
In 1992, he played "Cougar Glass" opposite Jude Law in the world premiere of Philip Ridley's The Fastest Clock In The Universe. In 2006, he starred as Aston in a tour of Sheffield theatres' production of Harold Pinter's The Caretaker, alongside David Bradley and Nigel Harman. In 1999 he starred in The Last Seduction II.
In 2008 he appeared in Criminal Justice a five-part TV drama on the BBC, playing the part of Ralph Stone, a solicitor.
He played the part of Joe Meek in both the 2008 film and 2005 play of Meek's life, Telstar: The Joe Meek Story.
In 2011, he took the role of dock worker Eddie Carbone in Arthur Miller's A View From the Bridge at the Royal Exchange Theatre in Manchester (from 18 May to 25 June 2011). This portrayal won the 2011 Manchester Theatre Award for Best Actor.
He played St. Paul in the 2013 mini-series The Bible.
He portrays Mr Val Pearson in several episodes of 2014 BBC Three 'Uncle' series one.
He stars in Cucumber eight-part 60 minute TV drama series broadcast 2015 on Channel 4.
During 6 February – 7 March 2015 he stars in Educating Rita at The Liverpool Playhouse. This is the 35th-anniversary staging of Russell’s bittersweet comedy.
- "Con O'Neill". ATG Tickets. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Olivier Winners 1988". olivierawards.com. The Society of London Theatre.
Outstanding Performance of the Year by an Actor in a Musical
- "The official website of the American Theater Wing's Tony Awards". Tonyawards.com. 1 January 2000. Retrieved 25 July 2011.
- "Willy Russell Archive". www.ljmu.ac.uk. Liverpool John Moores University. DOC obtained via select tab 'Archive Catalogue' then next select 'Dancin Thru The Dark Film'.
- Woodcock, Mike. "The Caretaker @ Sheffield Crucible". BBC. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "The Last Seduction II". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "Telstar - Film". theguardian.com (reviews). The Guardian.
- "Telstar Opening in London". playbill.com. Playbill. 24 June 2005.
- East, Ben (25 May 2011). "A View From The Bridge". The Stage. Retrieved 17 March 2013.
- 2011 Manchester Theatre Awards: Trophy winners
- 2011 Manchester Theatre Awards: Best Actor
- Perkins, Dennis (2013-04-01). "The Bible". The A.V. Club.
- "Uncle". British Comedy Guide. Retrieved 2 July 2014.
- "BBC Three - Uncle, Ep·1" (Program guide). BBC Online.
- "BBC Three - Uncle, Ep·3" (Program Guide). BBC Online.
- "BBC Three - Uncle, Ep·5" (Program Guide). BBC Online.
- "Russell T Davies drama series". channel4.com (Press release). Channel 4. 6 May 2014.
- Hutchison, David (25 November 2014). "Educating Rita leads new... Playhouse season". The Stage.
- Jones, Catherine (25 November 2014). "Everyman and Playhouse new season revealed". Liverpool Echo.
- Con O'Neill CV Claire Hoath Management
- Official page at Twitter
- Con O'Neill at the Internet Movie Database
- "I Love Love You (song)". YouTube (Official excerpt from Uncle Episode 3). Baby Cow Productions. 6 February 2014.
|This article about a British stage actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United Kingdom film and television actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|