From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Conference (disambiguation))
|Look up conference in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A conference is a meeting of people who "confer" about a topic.
- Academic conference, in science and academia, a formal event where researchers present results, workshops, and other activities.
- Business conference, organized to discuss business-related matters
- Conference call, in telecommunications, a "multi-party call"
- Conference hall, room where conferences are held
- News conference, an announcement to the press (print, radio, television) with the expectation of questions, about the announced matter, following.
- Parent-teacher conference, a meeting with a child's teacher to discuss grades and school performance.
- Peace conference, a diplomatic meeting to end conflict.
- Settlement conference, a meeting between the plaintiff and the respondent in lawsuit, wherein they try to settle their dispute without proceeding to trial
- Trade conference, or trade fair, organized like a business conference but with wider participation and providing the opportunity for business people and the general public alike to network and learn more about topics of interest through workshops, viewing whitepaper presentations, and meeting vendors of similar or related services.
Conference may also refer to:
- American Football Conference and National Football Conference, two halves of NFL, a professional American football league
- Athletic conference, a competitive grouping of teams, often geographical
- Football Conference, an English football league
- The distinct competitions, currently three, within each season of the Philippine Basketball Association
- One European pear cultivar is named 'Conference'
- American Conference (disambiguation)
- Convention (disambiguation)
- General assembly (disambiguation)
- List of World War II conferences
- National Conference
- Summit (meeting)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.