From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Conference (disambiguation))
|Look up conference in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A conference is a meeting of people who "confer" about a topic.
- Academic conference, in science and academic, a formal event where researchers present results, workshops, and other activities.
- Business conference, organized to discuss business-related matters
- Conference call, in telecommunications, a "multi-party call"
- Conference hall, room where conferences are held
- News conference, an announcement to the press (print, radio, television) with the expectation of questions, about the announced matter
- Parent-teacher interview (conference), a meeting with a child's teacher to discuss grades and school performance
- Peace conference, a diplomatic meeting to end conflict.
- Settlement conference, a meeting between the plaintiff and the respondent in lawsuit, wherein they try to settle their dispute without proceeding to trial
- Trade conference, or trade fair, with wider participation and providing the opportunity for business people and the general public
Conference may also refer to:
- American Football Conference, a professional American football league
- National Football Conference, a professional American football league
- Athletic conference, a competitive grouping of teams, often geographical
- Football Conference, an English football league
- One European pear cultivar is named 'Conference'
- American Conference (disambiguation)
- Convention (disambiguation)
- General assembly (disambiguation)
- List of World War II conferences
- National Conference (disambiguation)
- Summit (meeting)
- Symposium (disambiguation)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Conference.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.