Convention Center (VTA)
VTA light rail station
Station and Civic Auditorium, September 22, 2012
|Address||San Carlos Street and Market Street
San Jose, California
|Connections||Bus Route 23, 168|
Convention Center is a light rail station operated by Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority. The station is located in San Jose, California in the median of West San Carlos Street between Market Street and Almaden Boulevard. It is directly in front of the San Jose Convention Center and the Civic Auditorium.. Convention Center is served by both the Alum Rock–Santa Teresa and Mountain View–Winchester light rail lines.
Convention Center was renovated in 2006 to be made fully wheelchair accessible. This station was the southernmost station on the Alum Rock–Santa Theresa line to permit level boarding at all doors. Stations south of Convention Center had wooden wheelchair ramps only at the first door.
|Northbound||■Alum Rock–Santa Teresa||toward Alum Rock (Paseo de San Antonio)|
|■Mountain View–Winchester||toward Mountain View (Paseo de San Antonio)|
|Southbound||■Alum Rock–Santa Teresa||toward Santa Teresa (Children's Discovery Museum)|
|■Mountain View–Winchester||toward Winchester (San Fernando)|
Nearby points of interest
- San Jose McEnery Convention Center - across the street - 150 West San Carlos Street.
- San Jose Civic Auditorium - across the street - 135 West San Carlos Street.
- Hilton San Jose Hotel - across the street - 300 Almaden Boulevard.
- San Jose Center for the Performing Arts - 1 block away - 255 Almaden Boulevard.
- The Tech Museum of Innovation (and IMAX theatre) - 3 blocks away - 201 South Market Street.
- VTA Bus Route 23 - Downtown San Jose to San Antonio Shopping Center (Mountain View)
- VTA Express Bus Route 168 - Gilroy Transit Center to San Jose Diridon Transit Center
The station is served by the free of charge DASH or downtown area shuttle connecting it with Downtown San Jose and San Jose State University daytime weekdays. Previously the station was served by route 85, a line that fed passengers from a park and ride on Lawrence Expressway and stopped at Santa Clara Valley Medical Center and San Jose City College along the way to downtown, SJSU, and San Jose City Hall, however this line was discontinued in 2008.
- Media related to Convention Center (VTA) at Wikimedia Commons
- Station information (Transit Unlimited)
|This tram-, streetcar-, or light rail-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Santa Clara County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|