|Industry||Automation and control|
|Headquarters||Rockleigh, New Jersey|
|Randy Klein, President & CEO, George Feldstein, Chairman|
|Revenue||500 (est) Million USD (2011)|
Number of employees
Crestron Electronics is a company that manufactures systems for home automation and audio/video control. The hardware developed by Crestron includes programmable controllers including touch panels, keypads, and lighting control systems. The company sells its products through dealers who purchase, install, and program Crestron systems for residential and commercial automation.
Crestron Electronics creates hardware and software to control disparate systems – AV, lighting, thermostats, security – with one centralized home-automation system.
Training and support
Crestron Technical Institute (CTI) offers a variety of system design and installation courses, programming certification and industry training through a combination of classroom instruction, hands-on experience and online classes. There are more than 50 CTI training centers worldwide, conducting hundreds of courses each year.
In 2009, Crestron opened its 8,000-square-foot (740 m2) "Experience Center" in New Jersey. This demonstration showcase, open to Crestron dealers by appointment only, includes a reception area, a multimedia presentation room, a digital boardroom, the Theo Kalomirakis Home Theater and a design studio.
Crestron won two Product of the Year awards at the CES Awards Ceremony. The CEDIA electronics show, scheduled to be held in September, 2011, named two new Crestron products among 30 finalists for its Best New Product.
- Lightware Visual Engineering
- Savant AV
- Vantage Controls
- Blaze Automation
- Jacobson, Julie (2014). "Randy Klein Named President & CEO of Crestron". CEPro.
- Crestron Electronics: A Made-In-America Success Story, Forbes, 16 November 2011, retrieved 16 December 2011
- "Star Wars-themed theater will make geeks drool". CNET Crave blog. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
Equipment, room lighting, and climate control are all managed through a centralized Crestron home automation system.
- "A Tour of Crestron's Experience Center". Systems Contractor News. Retrieved 28 August 2011.
- Crestron Home Technology Products Win Two Electronic House 2011 Product of the Year Awards at CES
- "CEDIA Names Manufacturers Excellence Award Finalists". Dealerscope. Retrieved 28 August 2011.