Crystal Symphony at Saxarfjärden in the Stockholm archipelago
|Port of registry:||Bahamas|
|Builder:||Kværner Masa-Yards Turku New Shipyard, Finland|
|In service:||3 May 1995|
|Identification:||Call sign: C6MY5
IMO number: 9066667
MMSI number: 309168000
|Length:||238 m (781 ft)|
|Beam:||30.18 m (99.02 ft)|
|Draught:||7.59 m (24.90 ft)|
8 decks passenger accessible
|Installed power:||Six Wärtsilä-Sulzer diesel engines
25,260 kW (33,880 hp) (combined)
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two shafts|
|Speed:||20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph) (service)
21 knots (39 km/h; 24 mph) (maximum)
Crystal Symphony is a cruise ship owned and operated by Crystal Cruises. She was built in 1995 at Kværner Masa-Yards Turku New Shipyard, Finland. She is the sistership of Crystal Serenity and Crystal Harmony.
Concept and construction
Crystal Symphony was ordered in December 1992 and entered service in May 1995.
The ship was refitted a second time in 2006. This process, which cost USD 23 Million, was the largest refit ever for Crystal Cruises. During this refit, Crystal employed over 750 external workers to join the existing 545 crew to ensure a timely completion. The refit was done in BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair in Norfolk, Virginia.
Ports of call
In 2010 she cruised the Indian Ocean, Red Sea, Mediterranean, British Isles and Baltic before a 15-day cruise in the Arctic Circle. The winter 2010 season, saw visits to New York City and the Panama Canal. In July 2013 this cruise liner entered the Black Sea and visited the city of Odessa, Ukraine. As of November 2014 she was in the waters around New Zealand and was seen in port at Wellington for the first time on 18 November 2014.
- "Crystal Symphony Fact Sheet". Crystal Cruises. 2012. Retrieved 2 April 2012.
- "Advanced Masterdata for the Vessel Crystal Symphony". VesselTracker. 2012. Retrieved 3 April 2012.
- "A New Crystal Symphony To Emerge Following Crystal Cruises’ Largest-Ever Dry Dock This Fall" (Press release). Crystal Cruises. 30 August 2006. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
- "Final Touches Complete Crystal Symphony's Dramatic New Look". Crystal Cruises. 9 November 2009. Archived from the original on 25 April 2012.
- "The Big Reveal: Crystal Symphony Completes Dazzling Extreme Ship Makeover". Crystal Cruises. 18 June 2012.
- "Extreme Makeover: Crystal Symphony Dry Dock 2012 - Photos". Crystal Cruises. 30 April 2012. Retrieved 27 May 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crystal Symphony.|