Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy
The Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy (CVCA) is a private, Christian high school in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio. This college preparatory, interdenominational Christian junior high and high school is located on 70 acres (280,000 m2) in northern Summit County. CVCA is committed to academic excellence in a supportive, distinctively Christian environment. Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy was founded in 1968 by a group of seven men concerned about the continuing education of their children. The school serves over 200 churches of many denominations throughout a six-county area.
Clubs and activities
The school's theatre program, the Royal Theatre, is considered by many to be one of the best high school theatre programs in the area. Every year, the Royal Theatre puts on a play in the fall and a musical in the spring, and has a junior high play and a summer drama camp.
CVCA is one of the only schools in Ohio to offer a 4-course video and film production program.
Ohio High School Athletic Association state championships
- Boys Soccer – 2004, 2007, 2010
- Girls Track and Field – 2008, 2009
- Girls Cross Country – 2008
- Boys Tennis – 2009
- Its alumni also includes four-time Ohio State Champion Wrestler, Harry Lester. Lester is a two-time world bronze medalist in the Olympic sport of Greco-Roman Wrestling. He is now retired, and was recently ranked third in the USA for his weight class.
- Other individual state championships in wrestling include:
- John Weakley (2006), 189 lbs.
- John Weakley (2007), 189 lbs.
- Tyler Powers (2009), 135 lbs.
- Daniel Griffith (2010), 215 lbs.
- Nathan Tomasello (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013) 103 lbs, 103 lbs, 112 lbs, 120 lbs
- Alex Utley (2011), 189 lbs.
Notes and references
|This Summit County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|