Daedalus Books is an independent seller of books, music, and video founded in 1980. While it also sells new titles, Daedalus Books' specialty is the remaindered book. Its philosophy is to keep bestsellers, classics, and overlooked gems available to the reading public.
The company has a wholesale division and a retail division. The retail division sells via catalogs, a web site, and through a bricks and mortar store. Its primary location is its 120,000-square-foot (11,000 m2) warehouse and outlet store located in Columbia, Maryland. In 2006, it opened a store in Belvedere Square, Baltimore. However in 2011, this branch closed.
- Bob Thompson (January 16, 2006). "Remainders Of the Day". Washington Post. Retrieved September 29, 2012.
- Barbato, Joseph. "Daedalus: dedicated to remainders of quality." Publishers Weekly 15 July 1988: 43. Academic OneFile. Web. 29 Sep. 2012. Gale Document Number: GALE|A6535232
- Kane, Joe. "Daedalus Books." Whole Earth Review (1985): 117. Academic OneFile. Web. 29 Sep. 2012. Gale Document Number: GALE|A3943434
- Langstaff, M. (2003). "Tamara Stock, Daedalus Books Missing the Large Independents". Publishers Weekly, 250(38), S4. Accession Number: 10917252
- Daily Record, Staff (11/28/2005). "Columbia-based Daedalus Books to open in Belvdere Square". The Daily Record (Baltimore, MD)
- Milliot, J. (2005). "Daedalus Books Tries a Store". Publishers Weekly, 252(50), 7.
- Andrea K. Walker, "Belvedere Square loses local tenants, gains chains", Baltimore Sun, April 25, 2011. Retrieved October 9, 2012
- Daedalus Books, official website