|Created by||Denoy Navarro Punio|
|Developed by||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Directed by||Don Michael Perez|
Rufa Mae Quinto
by Ogie Alcasid and Jillian Ward
|Ending theme||"Someone's Waiting For You"
by Ogie Alcasid
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original language(s)||Filipino, Tagalog, English|
|No. of episodes||80 episodes|
|Executive producer(s)||Leilani Feliciano Sandoval|
|Producer(s)||GMA Entertainment TV Group|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Original channel||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i NTSC|
|Original run||October 17, 2011 – February 3, 2012|
Daldalita is a Philippine drama-fantasy-musical TV series produced by GMA Network. It stars child actress Jillian Ward in the title role, together with Ogie Alcasid, Rufa Mae Quinto, Elmo Magalona, Julie Anne San Jose and Manilyn Reynes. With the special participation of '90s hit singer/actress Donna Cruz. It is directed by Don Michael Perez and it premiered October 17, 2011.
The series concluded on February 3, 2012, it ran for 16 weeks with 80 episodes in all. It was replaced by Alice Bungisngis and her Wonder Walis.
Mateo and Carmela live a simple and happy life in the province. But their happy marriage ends when Carmela dies after giving birth to their child Lolita. Adding to Mateo's misfortune is the unusual condition of Lolita whom he thinks is mute. But despite that, Mateo devotes his unconditional love and attention to his child. Katrina, Carmela's older sister, helps his brother-in-law fulfill his parental duties. Even though, most of the time, they clash, in the end they realize that they have an unlikely affection for each other.
One day, Katrina brings Lolita in a "miracle" doctor hoping that it would help cure her unusual condition. This angers Mateo and makes him say hurtful words to Katrina. Devastated, Katrina packs her bags and leaves him.
Having no one to turn to, Mateo seeks the help of his neighbor Tisay to help him take care of Lolita. Unknown to Mateo, Tisay brings the baby along to beg on the streets. But one day, police officers arrest all the street beggars and Tisay, afraid of being caught, flees and leaves Lolita in a basket inside a delivery truck. Lolita ends up in a duck farm owned by the kindhearted Lupe. She raises her as her own. But Lupe's daughter Susan despises and often mistreated Lolita. The animals in the farm empathize with Lolita, who is still unable to speak a singe word. To cheer her up, they would talk and play with her. Lolita listens to the animals and Daisy, the mother duck, treats Lolita as her adopted duckling. One day Susan attempts to kill Daisy. Lolita stops her and says, "quack! quack! quack!" Lupe, after hearing the little girl can speak, teaches her how to talk like a human and gives her new name: Daldalita.
As days pass, Lupe become sickly and bedridden. Susan sees this as an opportunity to get rid of Daldalita and takes her to Manila. Daldalita, with her pets Daisy (duck) and Bobby (piglet), ventures around the city and start their new adventure in a different environment.
Who are the friends and foes Daldalita will meet in her new adventure? Will Mateo cross paths with his long-lost daughter?
- Main cast
- Jillian Ward as Daldalita/Lolita Matias
- Ogie Alcasid as Mateo Matias - Lolita/Daldalita's father. A veterinarian.
- Manilyn Reynes as Katrina de Leon - The older sister of Carmela and Marga and soon become the love interest of Mateo.
- Donna Cruz as Carmela de Leon-Matias - Mateo's loving wife. She dies after giving birth to Lolita.
- Rufa Mae Quinto as Cherry - Mateo's wicked and obsessive girlfriend. She will do anything just to win Mateo's love and attention.
- Julie Anne San Jose as Marga de Leon - Katrina and Carmela's younger sister and Gino's girlfriend.
- Elmo Magalona as Gino Delgado - Mateo's apprentice and Marga's boyfriend.
- Isabel Oli as Teacher May - Daldalita's kindhearted teacher.
- Marc Abaya as Sam - Head veterinarian and Katrina's eccentric boyfriend.
- Extended cast
- Luigi Revilla as Dado - Gino's best friend.
- Timmy Cruz as Lupe - The kindhearted farm lady who will become Daldalita's guardian.
- Spanky Manikan as Dr. Manny Manuel - Mateo's sympathetic boss.
- Arnold Reyes as Arthur - Mateo's best friend.
- Jinky Oda as Tisay - Mateo's neighbor and the cause of Lolita/Daldalita's disappearance.
- Joey Paras as Chi-Chi - Sam's sidekick.
- Eunice Lagunsad as Tessa - Lupe's wicked daughter and Daldalita's nemesis. She has a crush on Gino
- Featuring the voices of
- Guest stars
- Isabel Granada as Demi
- Chuckie Dreyfus as Ashton
- Baby O'brien as Lola Barbara
- MM Magno as Johann
- Milkcah Wynne Nacion as Becky/fake Lolita de Leon-Matias
- Sasha Baldoza
- Sean Samonte as Dwayne
- Angel Satsumi
- Raymart Santiago as Tarzan
According to Nielsen TV audience measurement, the show garnered 36.5% share (based on household data recorded in Urban Luzon for October 17–21) compare to its rival show Maria la del Barrio (ABS-CBN) 26% and Aksyon (TV5) 22%. For the same period in Mega Manila, it posted a household audience share of 36.8% higher than 23.5% and 24.2% of the rival shows.
- List of programs broadcast by GMA Network
- List of telenovelas of GMA Network
- Aso ni San Roque
- DALDALITA brings inspiration and love on GMA Telababad - iGMA.tv
- Glen P. Sibonga (October 13, 2011). "Manilyn Reynes doesn't mind being second choice to Gelli de Belen for Daldalita role". PEP.ph. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "Donna Cruz makes TV comeback via "Daldalita" | Videos". PEP.ph. October 8, 2011. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- Emotional Harassment! | Showbiz
- [dead link]
- "GMA-7's afternoon shows perform strongly nationwide, based on Nielsen TV data". PEP.ph. October 19, 2011. Retrieved 2014-07-12.
- "GMA-7 widens lead in nationwide television ratings based on partial October 2011 data". PEP.ph. October 20, 2011. Retrieved 2014-07-12.