Brunner in 2014.
March 9, 1986 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||184 lb (83 kg; 13 st 2 lb)|
|New Jersey Devils
Detroit Red Wings
Brunner was born in Kloten, Switzerland, on March 9, 1986. He played for the Kloten Flyers of the National League A in 2006–07 and 2007–08. In 2008–09, he moved to EV Zug. In 2011–12, Brunner had 60 points in 45 games. He led the NLA in points and was named the league's forward of the year.
On July 1, 2012, Brunner signed a one-year entry-level contract with the Detroit Red Wings of the NHL. He then returned to EV Zug for the 2012–13 season until the 2012–13 NHL lockout was resolved, where he started the shortened season with the Red Wings. He netted the game-winning shootout goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets, in his second game with the Red Wings. He scored his first NHL goal the next day against Kari Lehtonen of the Dallas Stars.
After turning down two and three year contract offers from the Detroit Red Wings, Brunner became an Unrestricted Free Agent. On September 16, 2013 he was signed by the New Jersey Devils on a pro tryout contract and attended the team's training camp. On September 24, 2013, he was signed by the New Jersey Devils to a two-year, $5 million contract.
Regular season and playoffs
|2002–03||Kloten U20||Elite Jr. A||6||1||0||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||Kloten U20||Elite Jr. A||21||9||5||14||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||44||12||14||26||12||14||5||4||9||4|
|2013–14||New Jersey Devils||NHL||60||11||14||25||26||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Damien Brunner". redwings.nhl.com. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Damien Brunner". eliteprospects.com. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Red Wings sign Swiss forward Damien Brunner". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2012-07-01.
- "Lehtonen and Stars hold off Red Wings 2-1". nhl.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- IIHF (2010). IIHF Media Guide & Record Book 2011. Moydart Press. p. 181. ISBN 978-0-9867964-0-1.
- "Devils sign Brunner to multi-year contract". National Hockey League. 2013-09-24. Retrieved 2013-09-24.