March 9, 1986 |
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight||184 lb (83 kg; 13 st 2 lb)|
|Detroit Red Wings
Playing career 
Brunner was born in Kloten, Switzerland, on March 9, 1986. He played for the Kloten Flyers of the National League A in 2006–07 and 2007–08. In 2008–09, he moved to EV Zug. In 2011–12, Brunner had 60 points in 45 games. He led the NLA in points and was named the league's forward of the year.
On July 1, 2012, Brunner signed a one-year entry-level contract with the Detroit Red Wings of the NHL. He then returned to EV Zug for the 2012–13 season until the 2012–13 NHL lockout was resolved, where he started the shortened season with the Red Wings. He netted the game-winning shootout goal against the Columbus Blue Jackets, in his second game with the Red Wings. He scored his first NHL goal the next day against Kari Lehtonen of the Dallas Stars.
Career statistics 
Regular season and playoffs 
|2002–03||Kloten U20||Elite Jr. A||6||1||0||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2003–04||Kloten U20||Elite Jr. A||21||9||5||14||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Detroit Red Wings||NHL||44||12||14||26||12||—||—||—||—||—|
|Senior int'l totals||14||4||8||12||8|
- "Damien Brunner". redwings.nhl.com. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Damien Brunner". eliteprospects.com. Retrieved January 18, 2013.
- "Red Wings sign Swiss forward Damien Brunner". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2012-07-01.[dead link]
- "Lehtonen and Stars hold off Red Wings 2-1". nhl.com. Retrieved 2013-01-22.
- IIHF (2010). IIHF Media Guide & Record Book 2011. Moydart Press. p. 181. ISBN 978-0-9867964-0-1.
- Damien Brunner's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Damien Brunner's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
|This Swiss biographical article relating to ice hockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|