Dani Sánchez (footballer)
|Full name||Daniel Sánchez Andrades|
|Date of birth||10 November 1984|
|Place of birth||Málaga, Spain|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Striker / Midfielder|
|2009–2011||Inverness Caledonian Thistle||41||(5)|
|2013||Tuen Mun SA||6||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 9 June 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Born in Málaga, Andalusia, Sánchez played youth football with hometown club Málaga CF in 2003, but never appeared as a senior for the club, eventually leaving in 2003. He went on to appear for several lower-league teams over the following six seasons, never competing in higher than Segunda División B, with Real Murcia Imperial. He also represented CD Alhaurino, CD Baza and Real Betis B.
Sánchez signed for Inverness Caledonian Thistle in Scotland on 1 August 2009, following a trial period. He made his club debut in the same day, in a 4–0 home win against Annan Athletic for the season's Scottish League Cup.
Sánchez was released by Inverness in June 2011. The following month, he began a trial with A-League club Wellington Phoenix FC, appearing in pre-season against Miramar Rangers just two hours after getting off the plane. On 5 September, it was announced that he had signed a one-year contract. On 9 June 2013, he was released alongside 4 other players from the Wellingon Phoenix squad.
- Euan McArthur (3 August 2010). "Spanish ace Dani Sanchez aiming to prove SPL was right move as Inverness take on Real Valladolid". The Daily Record. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Transfermarkt profile
- "Caley Thistle sign trialist duo". BBC Sport. 1 August 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- Euan McArthur (28 July 2009). "Inverness close in on Spanish trialist Dani Sanchez". The Daily Record. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Inverness CT 4-0 Annan Athletic". BBC Sport. 1 August 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2010.
- "Terry Butcher busy rebuilding Inverness CT team". BBC Sport. 3 June 2011. Retrieved 23 June 2011.
- "Phoenix triallists on show". The New Zealand Herald. 7 July 2011. Retrieved 7 July 2011.
- Wellington Phoenix sign Sanchez; Wellington Phoenix's official website, 5 September 2011
- http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/wellingtonphoenix/news-display/Phoenix%20Release%20Five%20Players/68691%7Ctitle=Phoenix Release Five Players