Danny Clinch is a photographer and film director who was born in Toms River, New Jersey in 1964. He graduated from Toms River High School East in 1982 and after attending Ocean County College, he attended the New England School of Photography, a two-year institution located in Boston, MA.
Clinch began his career as an intern for Annie Leibovitz, and went on to photograph the likes of Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen, Tupac Shakur, The Smashing Pumpkins, Blind Melon, Dave Matthews Band, Phish, Nicole Atkins, and Björk. His "unobtrusive" style, according to his bio, is one of the features that Clinch's photographic subjects enjoy.
Clinch's photographs have appeared in publications throughout the world, including Vanity Fair, Spin, The New Yorker, The New York Times, and Rolling Stone. Clinch has published two books: Discovery Inn in 1998, and The Iron Bird Flies in 2000.
In 2003, Clinch founded the film company Three on the Tree Productions, based in New York City. He is also among the 43 noted photographers invited to donate a print to "FOCUS: an auction of the finest photography to benefit City Harvest...." The fund-raiser on September 18, 2008 supports City Harvest, a food collection bank in New York City. 
Clinch directed a concert DVD documenting Pearl Jam's 2006 tour of Italy entitled Immagine in Cornice which was released in 2007. He also directed the DVD portion of Springsteen's Devils & Dust DVD box-set.
- Between the Lines: Sara Bareilles Live at the Fillmore (2008)
- Dispatch: Zimbabwe (2008): Dispatch's most recent concert in the summer of 2007
- John Mayer: Where the Light is (2008)
- Pearl Jam: Immagine in Cornice (2007)
- Foo Fighters: Skin and Bones (2006)
- Specimens of Beauty (2004)
- Guster on Ice: Live from Portland Maine (2004)
- Ani DiFranco: Trust (2004)
- 270 Miles from Graceland: Live from Bonnaroo 2003 (2003)
- Ben Harper: Pleasure and Pain (2002)
- Toms River Regional Schools Hall of Fame "Toms River Regional Schools Hall of Fame :: Danny Clinch", 9 September 2009. Retrieved on 2010-9-14.
- Cotter, Kelly-Jane. "THAT OLD BRUCE 'MAGIC': Springsteen, E Street Band won't be doing a disappearing act anytime soon", Asbury Park Press, September 30, 2007. Accessed October 19, 2007. "Clinch, whose company is in Manhattan but who lives in Toms River, is especially proud of the portrait that runs across the center panel of the CD sleeve."
- Spinner Staff. "PhotoSynthesis: About Danny Clinch", Spinner.com, 20 September 2007. Retrieved on 2010-9-8.
|This article about a United States film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|