Danny Wilson (rugby)
|Born||1955 (age 58–59)
Danny Wilson (born 1955) is a British former professional rugby league player of the 1970s and 1980s. A Wales national representative stand-off half back, he played his club rugby for Widnes, Swinton, Runcorn Highfield and Springfield Borough.
Wilson is the father of Manchester United footballer and former Welsh international Ryan Giggs, who was christened Ryan Joseph Wilson but as a teenager changed his surname to that of his mother. Giggs is said to have inherited his balance and athleticism from his father.
- "Statistics at rugby.widnes.tv". rugby.widnes.tv. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- "A Brief History". swintonlionsrlc.co.uk (Swinton Lions). 2010. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- Graham Williams, Peter Lush, David Farrar (November 2009). "The British Rugby League Records Book". pp. 108–114. London League Publications Ltd. ISBN 978-1-903659-49-6
- David Lawrenson (2007). "The Rugby League Miscellany [Page-6]". Vision Sport Publishing. ISBN 978-1-905326-30-3
- "Statistics at rugbyleagueproject.org". rugbyleagueproject.org. 31 December 2011. Retrieved 1 January 2012.
- Hughes, Rob (3 March 2009). "Ferguson and Giggs, side by side at ManU". The New York Times. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- Wheeler, Chris (17 November 2006). "Different Giggs, different league . . . but every bit as Red". The Daily Mail. Retrieved 13 August 2010.