From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Dark Ages in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dark Ages may refer to:
In history and sociology
- Dark Ages (historiography), the concept of a period of intellectual darkness and economic regression that supposedly occurred in Europe following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire
- European Middle Ages (5th to 15th centuries AD), particularly:
- Note: medieval historians today usually avoid the phrase "Dark Ages" for the above periods, see Dark Ages (historiography) for further discussion. This era is covered in the post-classical era article for areas outside of Europe.
- Bronze Age collapse (c. 1200 BC)
- Greek Dark Ages (c. 1100 BC–750 BC), a period in the history of Ancient Greece and Anatolia after the Bronze Age collapse.
- Dark ages of Cambodia (c. 1450-1863)
- Dark ages of Laos (c. 1707-1893)
- Digital dark age, a future time when it might not be possible to read historical digital documents
- Dark Ages, in Big Bang cosmology, time between Recombination (of electrons with hydrogen and helium nuclei) and Reionization
- Dark Ages (album) by Soulfly
- The Dark Ages, an EP by Andrea Parker
- "Dark Ages", a song by Jethro Tull on their 1979 album Stormwatch
- "Dark Ages", a song by Yngwie Malmsteen on his 1986 album Trilogy
- "Dark Ages", a song by NoMeansNo on their 1988 album Small Parts Isolated and Destroyed
- Dark Age (band), a German death metal band
- Dark Ages (band), a Ukrainian dark ambient band
- "New Dark Ages", a song by punk rock band Bad Religion
- Dark Age of Comic Books (1986-late 1990s), a period in the American comics industry
- Dark Ages (1991 computer game), a platform game by Apogee Software
- Dark Ages (computer game), an MMORPG by KRU Interactive
- Dark Ages (TV series), a 1999 ITV comedy series set in England
- The Dark Ages (2007), a History Channel documentary directed by Christopher Cassel
- "The Dark Age", an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- The Dark Ages: An Age of Light is a BBC four part documentary television series written, directed, and presented by Waldemar Januszczak
- Dark Ages is an expansion for the deck-building card game Dominion
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.