August 17, 1980 |
Detroit, MI, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||204 lb (93 kg; 14 st 8 lb)|
|NHL team||Nashville Predators|
|NHL Draft||2nd overall, 1998
Legwand attended Grosse Pointe North High School. He played his junior career with the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL. In the season before he was drafted, he scored 54 goals along with 51 assists, totaling 105 points. He also won the Red Tilson Award as the most outstanding player in the league. This raised his profile to the NHL scouts and led to him being drafted 2nd overall by the Predators in 1998, behind NHL All-Star Vincent Lecavalier. He was briefly called up late in the team's inaugural season, and has spent his entire NHL career with the Predators. He currently holds virtually every franchise record for the Predators, including most games played, goals, assists, and points. Through the 2012–13 season, he has 526 points in 894 career NHL games.
- "David Legwand". hockeydb.com. April 27, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C07E6D81538F937A15751C1A9669C8B63 Predators Rally and Finish Rangers on Penalty Shot
- David Legwand's player profile at NHL.com
- David Legwand's player profile at TSN.ca
- David Legwand's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- David Legwand's biography at Legends of Hockey
|Nashville Predators first round draft pick