August 17, 1980 |
Detroit, MI, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight||204 lb (93 kg; 14 st 8 lb)|
|Detroit Red Wings
|National team||United States|
|NHL Draft||2nd overall, 1998
Legwand attended Grosse Pointe North High School. He played his junior career with the Plymouth Whalers of the OHL. In the season before he was drafted, he scored 54 goals along with 51 assists, totaling 105 points. He also won the Red Tilson Award as the most outstanding player in the league. This raised his profile to the NHL scouts and led to him being drafted 2nd overall by the Nashville Predators in 1998, behind NHL All-Star Vincent Lecavalier. He was briefly called up late in the team's inaugural season, and has spent most of his NHL career with the Predators. He currently holds many franchise record for the Predators, including most games played, goals, assists, and points. Through the 2012–13 season, he has 526 points in 894 career NHL games.
After several first round playoff exits, Legwand and the Predators advanced to the second round for the first time in franchise history and his career in 2011. The Predators were defeated by the eventual Western Conference Champions Vancouver Canucks in 6 games.
Detroit Red Wings
On March 5, 2014, in the final year of his contract with the Predators and out of playoff contention, Legwand was traded to the Detroit Red Wings for Patrick Eaves, Calle Järnkrok, and a conditional 2014 draft pick, ending his 15-year career in Nashville. He left Nashville as the franchise's all-time leader in all offensive category's and game played with 956, and its last remaining player from its inaugural season (despite playing in only one game that year).
- http:// www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/display_players.php?tmi=7024
- "David Legwand". hockeydb.com. April 27, 2013. Retrieved April 27, 2013.
- http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9C07E6D81538F937A15751C1A9669C8B63 Predators Rally and Finish Rangers on Penalty Shot
- "Red Wings acquire forward David Legwand from Nashville". National Hockey League. 2014-03-05. Retrieved 2014-03-05.
- David Legwand's player profile at NHL.com
- David Legwand's player profile at TSN.ca
- David Legwand's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- David Legwand's biography at Legends of Hockey
|Nashville Predators first round draft pick