David Schrader (born September 15, 1952, Chicago, Illinois) is an American harpsichordist, organist, and fortepianist. He is a professor at the Chicago College of Performing Arts at Roosevelt University in Chicago where he teaches music history and conducts chamber music ensembles. Mr. Schrader has been the organist at Church of the Ascension, Chicago since January, 1980.
Schrader has appeared with the Chicago Symphony Orchestra on several occasions, at national conventions of the American Guild of Organists, with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra and the Colorado Symphony Orchestra, the Canadian period instrument orchestra Tafelmusik, at Ravinia Festival, Staunton Music Festival The Gilmore International Keyboard Festival, and he can frequently be heard in a live performances on Chicago's classical music radio station WFMT. He performs and has recorded with Trio Settecento (with Rachel Barton Pine on violin, and John Mark Rozendaal on cello), Chicago's period instrument orchestra Baroque Band, and Rembrandt Chamber Players.
Schrader is represented by ARTRA Artist Management.
Schrader has recorded a large number of CDs, among which are the following:
- Biber: Mensa Sonora, Baroque Band, Cedille Records
- A German Bouquet, Trio Settecento, Cedille Records
- Scarlatti on Fortepiano, Sonatas by Domenico Scarlatti (1685–1757), Cedille Records
- Introducing David Schrader, Cedille Records
- Soler: Harpsichord Sonatas (vol. 2), Cedille Records
- David Schrader plays Franck & Dupré, Cedille Records
- Bach: Fantasies & Fugues, Cedille Records
- American Works for Organ and Orchestra, David Schrader on organ, Grant Park Symphony Orchestra / Carlos Kalmar, conductor, Cedille Records
- Bach: Goldberg Variations, Forces of Virtue Records
- George Friederic Handel: Cantatas, Centaur Records