|Occupation||Media Company President and CEO, Editor-in-Chief, Author & Publisher|
|Title||President and CEO, Galvanized Brands|
David Zinczenko (Ukrainian: Давид Зінченко) (born December 1969) David Zinczenko is the President and CEO of Galvanized Brands, a global health and wellness media company launched in 2013. He is the author of 14 New York Times best-sellers, with more than 10 million books in print. He is the Wellness, Nutrition and Lifestyle Editor for ABC News, and the former General Manager for Rodale, Inc’s Healthy Living Group, serving as Editor in Chief of Men’s Health magazine and Editorial Director of Women’s Health and Prevention magazines. Under his leadership, Men’s Health was named “The Most Influential Magazine Brand of the Last 25 Years” by Media Industry Newsletter. Zinczenko created the best-selling Eat This, Not That! series of books and is a regular guest on Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, The View, and other top-rated television programming. He has won numerous direct-marketing awards for successful book and magazine campaigns. He lives in New York.
Zinczenko grew up in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and attended Liberty High School in Bethlehem. While attending Moravian College, he served in the military for the Navy Reserves and was the editor-in-chief of his college newspaper, The Comenian. He currently lives in Manhattan and Allentown, Pennsylvania.
After serving in the military, Zinczenko started his career in 1991 working as an assistant editor at Men's Journal, a men's magazine launched by Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner and editor-in-chief John Rasmus.
In 2000, Zinczenko was named editor-in-chief of Men's Health and under his leadership, the world's largest men's lifestyle magazine brand has expanded to 39 international editions in 46 countries. In 2008, he was named Ad Week's Editor of the Year. Men's Health has been nominated for 12 National Magazine Awards, and has had two wins: "General Excellence" in 2010 and "Personal Service" in 2004. In 2010, Min awarded Zinczenko and Men's Health with the title, "The #1 Most Notable Launch of the Past 25 Years."  He served as chairman of the 2007 American Magazine Conference and is credited with coining the term "Magabrand," to describe magazines that expand beyond their regular formats into a variety of media and businesses.
He also served as editorial director of the magazine Best Life, and was named editorial director of Women's Health magazine, which was spun off from Men's Health in 2005. In 2008, as the editorial director of Women's Health, Zinczenko oversaw the magazine's redesign, bringing celebrities such as Ashley Greene, Brooklyn Decker, and Olivia Wilde to the cover. In 2009, Advertising Age deemed Women's Health "Magazine of the Year." In 2011, he was named editorial director of both Organic Gardening and Prevention. Zinczenko left Rodale in January 2013.
Zinczenko contributed regularly to The Today Show, where according to The New York Times, he is "trotted out as a spokesman for Everyman." He has also appeared on The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, 20/20, The Biggest Loser, Rachael Ray, and Good Morning America. In 2002, he penned a New York Times op-ed on fast food and obesity titled, "Don't Blame the Eater" , and in 2011 wrote another in support of mixed martial arts. He also wrote two columns for USA Today, one on the obesity epidemic and another on the decline of American men.
Beyond the publishing world, Zinczenko helped pass legislation in 1994 establishing the week of Father's Day as "National Men's Health Week." He has also pushed legislators in Congress to create an official "Office of Men's Health" within the National Institutes of Health.
In 2007, Zinczenko launched FitSchools, a national campaign to reinvigorate physical education programs in America's elementary schools and get children healthy and active. He continued his fight against childhood obesity by writing, with Matt Goulding, Eat this, Not That! For Kids, published in August 2008. The two co-wrote 12 books altogether in the series: Eat This, Not That!, Eat This, Not That! 2010, Eat This, Not That! 2011, Eat This, Not That 2012, Eat This, Not That! For Kids, Eat This, Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide, Eat This, Not That! The All-New Supermarket Survival Guide 2012, Eat This, Not That! Best & Worst Foods in America, Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide, Cook This, Not That! Kitchen Survival Guide, Cook This, Not That! Easy & Awesome 350-Calorie Meals, and Drink This, Not That!. He is also the author of the Abs Diet series, which has two new releases: The New Abs Diet and The New Abs Diet Cookbook.
Zinczenko launched Galvanized Brands, a global health and wellness media firm in January 2013. Galvanized Brands builds strategic content partnerships between top media companies, manufacturers, and lifestyle service providers to build brand value and maximize consumer reach across all media.
Zinczenko also entered into a partnership with the Random House Publishing Group to form two new imprints — Galvanized Books and Zinc Ink — which will publish general nonfiction and lifestyle books.."
Zinczenko is Consulting Editorial Director for American Media Inc. and was hired by CEO David Pecker to re-launch Men’s Fitness and create brand extensions for the men’s lifestyle publication as well as other publications within the company.
ABC News hired Zinczenko as nutrition and wellness editor in July 2013. He is to appear on all ABC News programs and platforms.
- Uncommon Knowledge: Hundreds of How-To Tips from Your Favorite Celebs! (2001) ISBN 1-57954-291-3
- 2005 Men's Health Total Fitness Guide (2005) ISBN 1-59486-085-8
- Abdomen perfecto (The Abs Diet) (2005) ISBN 968-19-1179-2
- The Abs Diet: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life (2005) ISBN 1-59486-216-8
- The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide (2005) ISBN 1-59486-238-9
- The ABS Diet: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life: For Women (2005) ISBN 1-59486-309-1
- The Abs Diet Get Fit Stay Fit Plan: The Exercise Program to Flatten Your Belly, Reshape Your Body, and Give You Abs for Life! (2005) ISBN 1-59486-409-8
- The Abs Diet (2006) ISBN 1-4050-8797-8
- La Dieta Abdominal Para la Mujer (2006) ISBN 1-59486-539-6
- Men, Love & Sex: The Complete User's Guide for Women (2006) ISBN 1-59486-552-3
- Men's Health Total Fitness Guide 2006 (2006) ISBN 1-59486-356-3
- The Abs Diet 6-Minute Meals for 6-Pack Abs: More Than 150 Great-Tasting Recipes to Melt Away Fat! (2006) ISBN 1-59486-546-9
- Eat This, Not That! (2007) ISBN 1-59486-854-9
- Eat This, Not That! For Kids (2008) ISBN 978-1-60529-943-3
- Eat This, Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide (December 2008)
- Eat This, Not That! Best & Worst Foods in America (August 2009)
- Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide (November 2009)
- Eat This, Not That! 2010 (December 2009)
- Cook This, Not That! Kitchen Survival Guide (January 2010)