|Occupation||Author, publisher, businessman, television personality|
|Title||President and CEO, Galvanized Brands|
David "Dave" Zinczenko (born 1969) is an American author, publisher, businessman, television personality. He is the President and CEO of Galvanized Brands, a global health and wellness media company launched in 2013. ABC News hired Zinczenko as nutrition and wellness editor in July 2013.
Zinczenko grew up in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, and attended Liberty High School there. While attending Moravian College, he served in the military for the Navy Reserves and was the editor-in-chief of his college newspaper, The Comenian.
After serving in the military,[clarification needed] Zinczenko started his career in 1991 working as an assistant editor at Men's Journal, a men's magazine launched by Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner. In 2000, Zinczenko was named editor-in-chief of Men's Health, which, under his tenure, expanded to 39 international editions in 46 countries. In 2008, he was named Ad Week's Editor of the Year. Men's Health has been nominated for 12 National Magazine Awards, and has had two wins: "General Excellence" in 2010 and "Personal Service" in 2004.
On December 14, 2010, Min credited Zinczenko for the "#1 Most Notable Launch of the Past 25 Years". Zinczenko served as editorial director of Best Life, and was named editorial director of Women's Health magazine, which was spun off from Men's Health in 2005.
In 2008, as the editorial director of Women's Health, he oversaw the magazine's redesign, bringing celebrities such as Ashley Greene, Brooklyn Decker, and Olivia Wilde to the cover. In 2009, Advertising Age deemed Women's Health the "Magazine of the Year". In 2011, he was named editorial director of both Organic Gardening and Prevention. He left Rodale in January 2013.
Zinczenko created the best-selling Eat This, Not That! series of books, with Matt Goulding. He is the author of 14 New York Times best-sellers, with more than 10 million books in print. He has been a regular guest on Good Morning America, Dr. Oz, The View, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, 20/20, The Biggest Loser and other programs. On November 23, 2002, he penned a New York Times op-ed on fast food and obesity, "Don't Blame the Eater". In 2011, he wrote another in support of mixed martial arts. He has written two opinion pieces for USA Today.
In 2007, Zinczenko launched FitSchools, a national campaign to reinvigorate physical education programs in America's elementary schools and get children healthy and active. Zinczenko authored the Abs Diet series, which has two new releases: The New Abs Diet and The New Abs Diet Cookbook. He launched Galvanized Brands in January 2013. He is Consulting Editorial Director for American Media Inc. and was hired by CEO David Pecker to re-launch Men's Fitness, and create brand extensions for the men’s lifestyle publication as well as other publications within the company.
- Women's Health named "Magazine of the Year"
- Zinczenko leaves Rodale, nypost.com (January 2013); retrieved January 8, 2014.
- New York Times op-ed by Zinczenko in support of mixed martial arts, New York Times, April 2, 2011; accessed January 8, 2014.
- Zinczenko profile, adweek.com; accessed January 8, 2014.
- Uncommon Knowledge: Hundreds of How-To Tips from Your Favorite Celebs! (2001) ISBN 1-57954-291-3
- 2005 Men's Health Total Fitness Guide (2005) ISBN 1-59486-085-8
- Abdomen perfecto (The Abs Diet) (2005) ISBN 968-19-1179-2
- The Abs Diet: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life (2005) ISBN 1-59486-216-8
- The Abs Diet Eat Right Every Time Guide (2005) ISBN 1-59486-238-9
- The ABS Diet: The Six-Week Plan to Flatten Your Stomach and Keep You Lean for Life: For Women (2005) ISBN 1-59486-309-1
- The Abs Diet Get Fit Stay Fit Plan: The Exercise Program to Flatten Your Belly, Reshape Your Body, and Give You Abs for Life! (2005) ISBN 1-59486-409-8
- The Abs Diet (2006) ISBN 1-4050-8797-8
- La Dieta Abdominal Para la Mujer (2006) ISBN 1-59486-539-6
- Men, Love & Sex: The Complete User's Guide for Women (2006) ISBN 1-59486-552-3
- Men's Health Total Fitness Guide 2006 (2006) ISBN 1-59486-356-3
- The Abs Diet 6-Minute Meals for 6-Pack Abs: More Than 150 Great-Tasting Recipes to Melt Away Fat! (2006) ISBN 1-59486-546-9
- Eat This, Not That! (2007) ISBN 1-59486-854-9
- Eat This, Not That! For Kids (2008) ISBN 978-1-60529-943-3
- Eat This, Not That! Supermarket Survival Guide (December 2008)
- Eat This, Not That! Best & Worst Foods in America (August 2009)
- Eat This, Not That! Restaurant Survival Guide (November 2009)
- Eat This, Not That! 2010 (December 2009)
- Cook This, Not That! Kitchen Survival Guide (January 2010)