Michelle Obama on the cover of the November 2009 issue of Prevention
Prevention is an American healthy lifestyle magazine, started in 1950, and published by Rodale Press in Emmaus, Pennsylvania, in the United States. The range of subjects includes food, nutrition, workouts, beauty, and cooking. It was founded by J. I. Rodale. It is led currently by Editorial Director Anne Alexander.
Prevention is one of the largest magazines in the world, with a 2.8 million circulation, editions around the world, and over 10,000,000 readers a month. Prevention maintains a website at prevention.com.
Direct-to-consumer advertising surveys
Prevention conducts surveys on its readership and has contributed the results to the scientific community. One such campaign covered the effects of direct-to-consumer advertising (DTCA) of medications. The surveys questioned over-the-counter buying habits, doctor responses to questions prompted from advertisements, and the economic effects on patients' decisions to seek treatment.
- J. I. Rodale (1950–1971)
- Robert Rodale (1971–1990)
- Mark Bricklin (1991–1997)
- Anne Alexander (1997–2000)
- Elizabeth Crow (2001–2002)
- Rosemary Ellis (2003–2006)
- Liz Vaccariello (2006–2010)
- Diane Salvatore (2010–2012)
- Anne Alexander (2012–present)
- "eCirc for Consumer Magazines". Audit Bureau of Circulations. June 30, 2011. Retrieved December 1, 2011.
- "12th Annual Survey on Consumer Reaction to DTC Advertising of Prescription Drugs Reveals...". Rodale, Inc. 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
- Auton, Frank (July 2009). "The case for advertising pharmaceuticals direct to consumers". Future Medicinal Chemistry 1 (4): 587–592. doi:10.4155/fmc.09.58. PMID 21426028.
- More information about the Prevention brand, contacts, and news releases
- Prevention magazine
- Prevention magazine Australia
|This health magazine-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.