|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Debbarma is the surname of Tripuri Clan from tripura or the title generally used by the Kokborok-speaking (Tibeto-Burmese) Borok (Tripuri) people, the indigenous people of Tripura, a state in India. This is one of the cases where use of a surname reflects ethnic or tribal membership. The Debbarmas are the majority communities of a state called tripura till the Princely state tripura merged with Indian territory.
- Kirit Pradyot Debbarma of the Tripuri Royal family
- Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarma 1908–1947, one of the last Kings of Tripuri
- Sachin Debbarma, Bollywood composer and singer
- Rahul Debbarma, Bollywood composer and singer
- Dasarath Deb, the only Borok Chief minister of Tripura since the kingdom joined in Indian territory.
- Somdev Debbarma, Indian tennis player
- Sourabhee Debbarma, first female Indian idol winner, TV performer and singer
- Aloy Debbarma, founder of Traditional Martial Arts of Tripura.
|This surname-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|