Deborah Hopkinson was born in Lowell, Massachusetts. She is the author of approximately 30 children's books, including Hear My Sorrow, the final book in the Dear America series. She has also written Sweet Clara and the Freedom Quilt, winner of the International Reading Association Award, Sky Boys, a Boston Globe-Horn Book Award Honor book, Girl Wonder: A Baseball Story in Nine Innings about Alta Weiss a Jane Addams Children's book honor award winner for 2004, and Shutting Out the Sky, also a Jane Addams Children's Book honor award and an NCTE Orbis Pictus honor book.
- "Bio". Official Deborah Hopkinson Site. Archived from the original on 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "IRA Children’s and Young Adult’s Book Awards". International Reading Association. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Winners and Honor Books 1967 to present". The Horn Book. 2008. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
- "Jane Addams Peace Association - Previous Winners of the Jane Addams Children's Book Awards Listed by Year". Retrieved 2009-09-27.
- "Deborah Hopkinson". Greenwood Publishing Group. 1008. Retrieved 2008-07-14.
|This article about a children's author from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|