|Notable work(s)||Skulduggery Pleasant|
Landy has written two screenplays that have been made into films, the IFTA award winning Dead Bodies and the IFTA nominated Boy Eats Girl starring Samantha Mumba. Landy himself was nominated for an IFTA for Best Script.
Frustrated with the collaborative process of filmmaking, Landy moved on to writing the Skulduggery Pleasant, starting with Skulduggery Pleasant. The novel was published by Harper Collins, who paid £1.8 million for the publishing rights. He plans to write 9 books in the series. In 2007, he signed a deal with Warner Bros. worth an estimated $1 million USD for the rights to adapt his Skulduggery Pleasant series, which he will adapt himself. However, his script was constantly rewritten and Landy, unhappy with the results, bought back the rights. He is currently working on a script with the producers of Clash of the Titans.
- Skulduggery Pleasant (2007); US title Sceptre of the Ancients for distinction from the series name
- Playing With Fire (2008)
- The Faceless Ones (April 2009)
- Dark Days (April 2010)
- Mortal Coil (September 2010)
- Death Bringer (September 2011)
- The End of the World (March 2012), novelette released by HarperCollins for UK World Book Day
- Kingdom of the Wicked (August 2012)
- Tanith Low Novella: Tanith Low and the Maleficent Seven (2013), novella
- Skulduggery Pleasant: The Last Stand of Dead Men (August 29, 2013)
- Skulduggery Pleasant: The Dying of the Light (August 28th 2014)
Landy wrote a short story based on the tenth Doctor from Doctor Who as part of a short story collection celebrating the show's 50th Anniversary. The story was published by Puffin in 2013, titled "The Mystery of the Haunted Cottage". Landy is also planning a second series due September 2014.
Currently, Landy writing the last book in the Skulduggery Pleasant series. The book's release date has been confirmed as August 28, 2014. He has also written three new short stories and one new novella for a short story collection entitled "Skulduggery Pleasant: Armageddon Outta Here", which was released on July 3rd, 2014.
Landy was born in 1974 in Dublin, Ireland. Landy attended Drogheda Grammar School during his childhood years and briefly studied animation at Ballyfermot College. Landy has a black belt in kenpo karate. Prior to his contract with HarperCollins, he worked on his parents' vegetable farm.
- Dwyer, Clara (2011-12-11). "Plotting a great escape". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- Webb, Sarah (2007-02-24). "Skulduggery that's worth a cool £1.8m!". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- "Warner Bros. scoops high-profile kids' book series". Reuters. 2007-05-24. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- Rowbotham, Jill (2010-03-06). "Pointing the Bone". The Australian. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- "Skulduggery Pleasant: Death Bringer". RTÉ.ie. 2011-10-13. Archived from the original on 2011-10-24. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- Spain, John (2007-02-24). "Gardener in ?1.5m book deal hailed as new JK Rowling". Irish Independent. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- Pauli, Michelle (2008-05-31). "Hay festival: Derek Landy wins Red House prize". The Guardian. Retrieved 2013-11-14.
- Skulduggery Pleasant (official)
- Derek Landy at the Internet Movie Database
- Derek Landy at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database
- Derek Landy at Library of Congress Authorities, with 4 catalog records