Detlev Buck in 2010
December 1, 1962 |
Bad Segeberg, Germany
|Occupation||film director, actor|
|Awards||1991 Bavarian Film Awards
2007 Bavarian Film Award, Best Young People's Film
Life and work
From his first short film at the age of 21 in 1982, Erst die Arbeit und dann?, he has remained one of the most important filmmakers working in Germany. His first feature, 1991's Karniggels, put him on the international radar and since then he has continued to make both short and feature films. He is known for making cameo appearances in his work and acting in films of fellow directors. A nice example of his acting skills can be seen in Blue Moon.
- 1993: Wir können auch anders - Dir. D. Buck (with Joachim Król and Horst Krause)
- 1994: Back to Square One
- 1996: Männerpension (with Til Schweiger and Heike Makatsch)
- 1999: Liebe Deine Neachste with Lea Mornar
- 1999: Sonnenallee - Dir. Leander Haußmann (with Henry Huebchen, Robert Stadlober, Alexander Beyer, Katharina Thalbach)
- 1999: Aimée & Jaguar
- 2002: Blue Moon - Dir. Andrea Maria Dusl (with Josef Hader)
- 2003: Herr Lehmann
- 2005: NVA
- 2006: Knallhart (Tough Enough)
- 2007: Midsummer Madness
- 2009: Same Same but Different (Director)
- 2009: The White Ribbon
- 2012: Die Vermessung der Welt (Measuring the World) (Director) Adaptation of the book of the same name.
- 2013: Antaliagrad (Director) Russo-German comedy film.
- 1991 Bavarian Film Awards, Best New Director
- 1993 43rd Berlin International Film Festival Wir können auch anders … - Honourable Mention.
- 2007 Bavarian Film Award, Best Young People's Film
|This article about a German film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|