||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)|
Schrader in 2011.
27 September 1965 |
Hanover, West Germany
|Years active||1992 – present|
She is especially well known from the film Aimée & Jaguar, as well as the acclaimed Liebesleben ("Love life"), in which she wrote, acted, and produced. She has also written other films: RobbyKallePaul; I was on Mars; Stille Nacht and Meschugge. She co-directed I was on Mars with Dani Levy, whom she dated until 1999.
Schrader was part of the jury at the Berlin International Film Festival in 2000.
Maria Schrader has one child with director Rainer Kaufmann, a daughter named Felice, whose name was inspired by Schrader's character in the film Aimée & Jaguar.
- 1992 Max-Ophüls-Preis
- 1994 Bavarian Film Awards, Best Actress
- 1998 Bavarian Film Awards, Best Actress 
- 1999 49th Berlin International Film Festival - Silver Bear for Best Actress
- I was on Mars, 1992, Silva
- Burning Life, 1994, Anna, with Anna Thalbach, Max Tidof
- Nobody Loves Me, 1995, Fanny Fink, Directed: Doris Dörrie, with Elisabeth Trissenaar
- Silent Night (1995)
- Der Unfisch, 1997, Sophie Moor, Director: Robert Dornhelm, Writer: Michael Köhlmeier, with Eva Herzig, Andreas Lust, George Tabori, Georges Kern, Désirée Nosbusch, August Schmölzer, Karl Merkatz, Dolores Schmidinger, Bibiane Zeller, Ida Krottendorf, Rudolf Wessely
- Bin ich schön?, 1998, Elke, Director: Doris Dörrie, with Marie Zielcke, Carla Weindler, Julian Messner, Suzanne von Borsody, Franka Potente, Gustav-Peter Wöhler, Steffen Wink, Anica Dobra, Iris Berben, Oliver Nägele, Dietmar Schönherr, Uwe Ochsenknecht
- Aimée & Jaguar, 1999, Felice Schragenheim (Jaguar), Director: Max Färberböck, with Heike Makatsch, Juliane Köhler, Johanna Wokalek
- Viktor Vogel - Commercial Man, 1999, Johanna von Schulenberg, Director: Lars Kraume, with Götz George, Alexander Scheer, and Chulpan Khamatova
- Emil und die Detektive, 2001, Pastorin Hummel
- Väter, 2002, Melanie Krieger, Director: Dani Levy, with Sebastian Blomberg, Christiane Paul
- Rosenstraße, 2003, Hannah Weinstein, Director: Margarethe von Trotta, with Katja Riemann, Jutta Lampe
- Schneeland, 2005, Elisabeth, with Joachim Król, Susanne Lothar, Ulrich Mühe
- In Darkness, 2011