Digicable Network Pvt. Ltd. is a cable television company based in Mumbai, India, that also provides telephone, data, and internet services. The company provides services in 46 cities and 14 states across India and, as of June 2012, had approximately 8.7 million subscribers. It was founded in 2007.
In July 2010 Reliance Communications announced it agreed to acquire Digicable and would rename it Reliance DigiCom. However, a year later, the deal was still under review. In 2012 the company became a takeover target after new rules introduced by the Indian government required cable firms to convert to digital television technology, which analysts thought would lead to consolidation in the cable television industry.
- Mission Vision and Core Values Digicable, 2012. Retrieved 12 August 2013. Archived here.
- Four MSOs put in bids to merge with DigiCable by Sohini Mitter & Baiju Kalesh, financialexpress.com, 20 June 2012. Archived here.
- Company Overview of Digicable Network (India) Pvt. Ltd. Bloomberg Businessweek, 11 August 2013. Retrieved 12 August 2013. Archived here.
- "RCOM acquires Digicable in all-stock deal". The Times of India. 1 July 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "RCom-Digicable deal under govt lens". Business Standard. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
|This Indian television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|