Dry Dock Brewing Company
|Founders||Kevin DeLange & Kevin Kellogg|
|Headquarters||Aurora, Colorado, USA|
|Production output||1,200 US beer barrels (140,000 l; 37,000 US gal; 31,000 imp gal)|
|Owners||Kevin and Michelle DeLange|
|Footnotes / references
"Four ingredients, infinite possibilities"
Dry Dock Brewing Company is a brewery located in southeast Aurora, Colorado. Since opening, Dry Dock has won awards from both the World Beer Cup and the Great American Beer Festival, winning Small Brewing Company of the Year in 2009 at the great American Beer Festival.
Dry Dock Brewing Company was created in October 2005 when Kevin DeLange, owner of The Brew Hut homebrew shop, decided that his homebrew store would benefit from an attached brewery. With the help of homebrewer Kevin Kellogg, the two opened Dry Dock Brewing Company. After almost 4 years in a small unit adjacent to The Brew Hut, Dry Dock expanded to the end unit in the same strip mall, both increasing the tasting room area from 30 seats to over 80 and upgrading to a 7-barrel steam-jacketed brew system. Dry Dock quickly outgrew its expansion, with another expansion planned.
List of Beers Brewed
|H.M.S. Victory ESB||ESB||5.8||49|
|Paragon Apricot Blonde||Fruit Beer||5.3||17|
|Urca Vanilla Porter||Spiced beer||5.5||33|
|H.M.S. Bounty Old Ale||Old Ale||6.5||35|
|Breakwater Pale Ale||Pale Ale||5.8||40|
|Seven Seas Double IPA||Imperial IPA||9.0||86|
|Lachlan's Quadrupel||Belgian Specialty||11.1||30|
|Bill's Malted Milk Stout||Sweet Stout||7.2||22|
|Walt's Frambozen||Belgian Brown with Raspberries||5.4||17|
|Half Moon Pumpkin Ale||Pumpkin Ale||5.7||17|
|Whale Tail||Belgian Wit||4.2||20|
|Oaked ESB||Barrel Aged Beer||5.8||49|
|Cream Ale||Cream Ale||4.4||18|
|Coconut Porter||Fruit Beer||5.5||33|
|Rhein River||German Pilsner||4.5||40|
|Naked Porter||Brown Porter||5.5||33|
|Naked Vixen's Ale||Belgian Golden Strong||9.25||22|
|Briess CaraBrown||Brown Ale||5.4||25|
|Shallow Draft||Blonde Ale||5.0||20|
|Vixen's||Belgian Golden Strong with Cherries||9.25||22|
|Three Heavy||Scottish Wee Heavy||9.5||20|
|Köln Sunset||Kölsch-style Ale||4.7||20|
|S.S. Minnow||Mild Ale||3.3||17|
|Close Call||Brown Ale||5.1||21|
|Big Hitter||English Barleywine||9.3||47|
|Rahab||Belgian Dark Strong||9.4||32|
Dry Dock has bottled three different beers to date: Immolator Doppelbock, Farmhouse Ale Saison and Seven Seas Double IPA. Immolator Doppelbock was bottled in December 2009 with limited release. Farmhouse Ale Saison was bottled in the Spring of 2010, also limited in its release. After purchasing a 6-head bottler, Dry Dock began bottling their Seven Seas Double IPA for release in the greater Denver area.
Future bottled beers include U-Boat Hefeweizen and Urca Vanilla Porter.
Each and every Friday, Dry Dock taps a special one-off firkin, a cask-conditioned version of one of their available beers. Occasionally, the beers are conditioned with odd items such as wasabi and rice.
Dry Dock's notoriety began in 2006 after one year in operation, won gold at the World Beer Cup for the H.M.S. Victory ESB. In 2008, Dry Dock won a Bronze for the HMS Bounty Old Ale at the World Beer Cup, following up with a Silver medal for the S.S. Minnow Mild ale at the Great American Beer Festival. For 2009 at the Great American Beer Festival, Dry Dock won a Gold medal for their Bismarck Alt and Silver medals for their Reines Märzen and U-Boat Hefeweizen, landing them Small Brewing Company and Small Brewing Company Brewer of the Year for 2009. At the 2010 World Beer Cup, Dry Dock walked away with a Silver medal for their 3 Heavy Wee Heavy Scottish Ale, along with 4 Silver medals at the 2010 Great American Beer Festival for their Docktoberfest Märzen, U-Boat Hefeweizen, Bismarck Alt and Whale Tail Wit.
- Siegler, Kirk (3 February 2010). "Colorado Brewery Booming During Bust". National Public Radio. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- McGhee, Tom (June 17, 2007). "Making leap from beer to there". Denver Post.
- Kreck, Dick (July 1, 2009). "Full speed ahead for Dry Dock microbrewery". Denver Post.
- "What's on Tap". Dry Dock Brewing Company. Retrieved 2010-12-23.
- Association, Brewer's (December 24, 2010). "2006 Winners". worldbeercup.org.
- Fillion, Roger (4 July 2007). "Dry Dock weighs anchor". Rocky Mountain News. Retrieved 24 December 2010.
- Association, Brewer's (April 19, 2008). "2008 Winners". worldbeercup.org.
- Association, Brewer's (October 11, 2008). "GABF 2008 Winners List". greatamericanbeerfestival.com.
- Association, Brewer's (September 26, 2009). "GABF 2009 Winners List". greatamericanbeerfestival.com.
- Association, Brewer's (April 10, 2010). "2010 Winners". worldbeercup.org.
- Association, Brewer's (September 18, 2010). "GABF 2010 Winners List". greatamericanbeerfestival.com.