|This article relies on references to primary sources. (April 2012)|
||It has been suggested that EFG Bank European Financial Group be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2013.|
||It has been suggested that Eurobank EFG be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since February 2013.|
EFG International is a global private banking group offering private banking and asset management services, headquartered in Zurich. EFG International's group of private banking businesses currently operates in around 30 locations worldwide, with circa 2,000 employees. EFG International's registered shares (EFGN) are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
EFG International was formed in 1995 by Jean Pierre Cuoni and Lawrence D. Howell, and five others. The genesis of the bank was by the acquisitions of both the right to operate from the Zurich office of Banque de Deposits and the Swiss operations of the Royal bank of Scotland.
EFG International's largest shareholder is EFG Bank European Financial Group, a Swiss bank based in Geneva, holding circa 56% of its capital. This is in turn a distinct and separate sub-group of EFG Group, based in Luxembourg. In addition, a significant stake is held by leadership, management and Client Relationship Officers.
EFG Bank is EFG International’s main Swiss private banking subsidiary. EFG Bank is headquartered in Zurich, and has branches and representative offices across Europe, Asia and the Americas. EFG International has a number of other private banking subsidiaries including EFG Private Bank Limited in the UK and EFG Capital in the US. More information on these can be found on EFG International's website (details below). More about EFG International's sponsorships can be found on its FB page (EFGInternational).
Financial performance as at end 2012:
- Operating income: CHF 824.6 million.
- IFRS net profit: CHF 111.0 million.
- Revenue-generating clients'Assets under Management: CHF 78.7 billion.
- John Williamson, Chief Executive Officer.
- Giorgio Pradelli, Chief Financial Officer
- Mark Bagnall, Chief Operating Officer.
- Fred Link, Chief Risk Officer.
- Henric Immink, Chief Legal Counsel.
- Keith Gapp, Head of Strategy and Marketing.
- James T. H. Lee, Head of Investment Solutions.
 All facts are taken from EFG's Annual Report 2012
- Forbes.com Retrieved 2012-07-11
- EFG International Annual Report 2012