The Eastern Mediterranean denotes the countries geographically to the east of the Mediterranean Sea. This region is commonly interpreted in two ways; the region of Syria plus Cyprus (also known as the Levant), or the Levant plus Greece, Turkey, and Egypt.
The countries and territories of the Eastern Mediterranean include:
- Greater Syria
- Fertile Crescent
- Names of the Levant
- Eastern Mediterranean University
- East Mediterranean Gas Company
- List of Mediterranean countries
- Mediterranean Basin
- "Eastern Mediterranean Political Map - National Geographic Store". Shop.nationalgeographic.com. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "Ancient Ashkelon - National Geographic Magazine". Ngm.nationalgeographic.com. 2002-10-17. Retrieved 2011-10-17.
- "The state of Israel: Internal influence driving change". BBC News. 2011-11-06.
- Orfalea, Gregory The Arab Americans: A History. Olive Branch Press. Northampton, MA, 2006. Page 249
|This Middle East location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|