Edward A. "Ed" Oates (born 1946) is an American businessman. He co-founded Software Development Labs in August 1977 with Larry Ellison, and Bob Miner. Software Development Labs later became Oracle Corporation.
Ed Oates graduated with a BA in mathematics from San Jose State University in 1968, and worked at Singer, the US Army Personnel Information Systems Command (PERSINSCOM) (drafted), Ampex, and Memorex before co-founding Oracle. He retired from the company in 1996. He volunteers time on the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Zoological Society and the Tower Foundation Board of San Jose State University.
- "Oracle Timeline" (PDF). Profit Magazine (Oracle) 12 (2): 26–29. May 2007. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
- "Distinguished Alumni". San Jose State University. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Conversations with Early Innovators". Oracle. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Rock this way! You, too, can be a music star at fantasy camp". USA Today. 2008-01-01. Retrieved 2010-08-14.
- "Embracing Your Inner Rock Star". Forward Thinking. Profit Magazine (Oracle) 14 (4). November 2009. Retrieved 2013-05-16.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Ed Oates|
|This business-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|