|Olympic medal record|
|Competitor for Norway|
|Gold||1956 Melbourne||Javelin throw|
Daielsen won the gold medal at the 1956 Summer Olympics with a throw of 85.71 metres. This was a new world record as well as a career best for Danielsen. The world record stood until June 1959, when Al Cantello improved it to 86.04 m.
In addition Danielsen finished tenth at the 1954 European Championships and won a silver medal at the 1958 European Championships. At the 1960 Summer Olympics he did not qualify for the final. He became Norwegian champion in the years 1953-1957. For his Olympic victory and world record Danielsen was selected Norwegian Sportsperson of the Year in 1956.
- Norwegian all-time list javelin throw (Norwegian)
- World Record Progression javelin throw men - Athletix
- Norwegian international athletes - D (Norwegian)
- Norwegian championships in javelin throw (Norwegian)
- Statistics Norway (2005). "Storting Election 2005. Official electoral lists, by county". Storting Election 2005. Retrieved 2007-01-02.[dead link]
|Norwegian Sportsperson of the Year
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian athletics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|