From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up ego in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
"Ego" is a Latin and Greek (ἑγώ) word meaning "I", often used in English to mean the "self", "identity" or other related concepts.
It may also refer to:
- Ego, one of the three constructs in Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche
- Ego (religion), as defined in various religions in relationship to self, soul etc.
In media and entertainment
- Ego the Living Planet, a character in the Marvel Comics universe
- Planet Eclipse Ego, a paintball marker produced by Planet Eclipse
- Ego (a programming term, referring to the protagonist in an adventure game)
- Ego (album), a 2001 album and song by the German band Oomph!
- "Ego" (Beyoncé Knowles song)
- "Ego" (Elton John song)
- "Ego" (Kim Wilde song)
- "Ego" (Spunge song)
- "Ego" (The Saturdays song)
- "Ego" (Big Bang song)
In Other Uses
- Ego (genus), a genus of gobiid fishes
EGO can refer to:
- EGO, IATA airport code for Belgorod International Airport
- EGO (Eosinophil Granule Ontogeny) transcript, see EGOT (gene)
- EGO (game engine), a video game engine developed by Codemasters
- EGO (European Gravitational Observatory), French-Italian Consortium for gravitational waves research
- EGO Magazine, an online magazine from the Indosphere
- EGO sensor, small sensor in a gasoline engine to measure the concentration of oxygen
- EGO (TV channel), Israeli digital cable television channel that launched in 2002
- European History Online (EGO), an academic website that publishes articles on the history of Europe
- The Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization, a professional wrestling stable
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.