From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Type||Public (LSE: BBY)|
|Founded||1866 by Gustave EIFFEL|
|Key people||Jacques Huillard, Chairman|
|Revenue||€ 703 million (2009)|
Eiffel (French Eiffel Constructions métalliques) is part of the Eiffage group and the descendant of the engineering company Société des Établissements Eiffel founded by Gustave Eiffel, designer of the Eiffel Tower.
Notable structures built by the Eiffel Company and its predecessors
- Budapest-Nyugati Railway Terminal completed in 1877
- Statue of Liberty completed in 1878
- Garabit viaduct completed in 1884
- Colbert Bridge completed in 1888
- Eiffel Tower completed in 1889.
- Tancarville Bridge completed in 1955.
- Louvre Pyramid completed in 1989.
- Normandy bridge completed in 1995.
- The Living Bridge completed 2007
- It assisted with the construction and support of the glass wall of Columbia University's Alfred Lerner Hall, the largest in North America completed in 1999.
- Millau Viaduct completed in 2002.
- Simone-de-Beauvoir foot bridge completed in 2006.
- Eiffel website (in French)