||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Missing caps, capitals, etc.. (March 2013)|
|• YSRCP||R K Roja|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 03|
Ekambarakuppam is a greater village Mandal of Nagari in Chittoor district in the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh.It is a semi agrarian – semi industrialized village. A sizable textile manufacturing industry thrives in and around Ekambarakuppam. It is on the Andhra - Tamil Nadu border with a prominent Tamil speaking populace.
The village's name came from Ekamabareswarudu, one of the names of the god Shiva, who is given credit for founding the village.
The local temple of Om-Shakti is regionally renowned, and the village has the 80 Years of Railway line which links Chennai and Renigunta Junction.
Major Schools & Colleges In and Around
- Z.P.P.High School.
- Saraswathi Vidhaayalaya.
- Bethel Upper Primary school(Reddy vari street).
- Govt.Degree College.
- P.C.N Girls College.
- P.C.N Junior College.
- Govt Diploma College.
- Sri Sarvani Vidya Nikethan.
- Little Flower School.
- HICS Education Institution.
- Audi Shankara Institution.
- Seshachala College of Pharmacy
- Seshachala Institute of Computer Studies
- Seshachala Institute of Technology
- Sri Venkatesa Perumal College of Engineering and Technology
- Siddarth Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Siddhartha institute of science and technology
- Sri Ramana Degree College
- Sri Seshachala Degree College
- Sri Vidya Degree College
- Sri Sai Jyothi Junior college
- Himaja Junior College
- Public Library(M.G Road).
In summer temperatures may go up to 30 to 45 degrees Celsius, and in winter the minimum temperatures may be between 20 and 27 degrees Celsius. Usually summer lasts from March to July. With the advent of rainy season in July, followed by winter which lasts till the end of February.Solstices occur on 20 or 21 June and 21 or 22 December each year and they are an astronomical events which happens twice each year, which will be once in summer and once in winter. During summer the day of the solstice is the longest day of the year and during winter the day of the solstice is the shortest day of the year.
The Power loom based textile industry contributes to the towns major revenue share. Almost 90% of its economy part is textile manufacturing centers.Almost 10+ Chemical industries around this village providing employment 80% of native villager and 20% peoples non-native people who are native of North India,Nepal and South Tamil Nadu.
The local festivals
- 'Jathara' or 'Jatharai' is celebrated in second week of September every year as a major festival .
- 'Aadi kruthigai' kaavadi for lord Murughar or Subramanya Swamy.
- 'Paalkudam' for lord MURUGAN on Cittirai (first month in Tamil calendar) 1st day as Varusha pirappu (usually on 14 April).
- 'Malachutthu' for all near by temples URTCHAVA MOORTHY'S on Kaanum Pongal.
- 'Aathu thiruvizha is also celebrated as a main festival.
- Thoppai Amman is the protecting god. All the festivals are celebrated based on her.The jatara is celebrated Mudhaliar/reddies community group. Jathara celebrated around a week which starts from Tuesday to Friday.
Major nearby tourist attractions
- Amma Palli Dam (45 km)
- Appalaigunta (35 km)
- Kailasa Kona (30 km)
- Karvetinagaram (25 km)
- Moolakona -Sri Sadasiva Swamy and Ammavaru temples can be seen separately.(The most visited place for youth)18 km
- Nagalapuram (35 km)
- Nagari (2 km)
- Narayanavanam (20 km)
- Sadasiva Kona Water falls (50 km)
- Tirupati (50 km)
- Tiruttani (15 km)
Infrastructure and Facilities
- BSNL Telephone Exchange.
Banking and ATM
- Indian Bank, MG main Road, Ekambarakuppam with ATM.
- Karur Vysya Bank, MG main Road, Ekambarakuppam (ATM only)
- State Bank of India, MG main Road, Ekambarakuppam (ATM only)
- Sri Venkateswara Travels.
- Public Transports.
Following is the list of all the trains that pass through Ekambarakuppam (EKM), Ekambarakuppam Railway Station:
|1||Chennai Egmore Exp||17652||Kacheguda||Chennai Egmore||03:59|
|3||Tirupathi Chennai Passenger||66022||Tirupati||Chennai Central||06:23|
|4||Arakkonam Kadapa Passenger||56011||Arakkonam||Kadapa||7:42|
|5||Saptagiri Express||16057||Chennai Central||Tirupati||08:04|
|6||Garudadri Express||16204||Tirupathy||Chennai Central||08:54|
|7||Chennai Tirupati Passenger||66015||Chennai||Tirupati||09:44|
|8||Chennai Express||16054||Tirupati||Chennai Central||11:24|
|9||Tirupati Express||16053||Chennai Central||Tirupati||15:49|
|10||Tirupati Chennai MEMU||66014||Tirupati||Chennai Central||17:27|
|11||Garudari Express||16203||Chennai Central||Tirupati||18:19|
|12||Kacheguda Express||17651||Chennai Egmore||Kacheguda||18:54|
|13||Kadapa Arakkon am Passenger||56012||Kadapa||Arakkonam Junction||19:00|
|14||Saptagiri Express||16058||Tirupati||Chennai Central||19:09|
|15||Puducherry Tirupati Passenger||56042||Puducherry||Tirupati||20:51|
|16||Chennai Tirupati Passenger||66012||Chennai Central||Tirupati||21:13|