|Manufacturer||La société Ellipse|
Design and development
The Twist was designed as a beginner hang glider and is built in three different sizes.
Typical of the series, the Twist 15 is made from aluminum tubing, with the wing covered in Dacron sailcloth. Its 9.2 m (30.2 ft) span wing uses a single tube-style kingpost and upper flying wires. The nose angle is 120° and the aspect ratio is 6.5:1. The model number indicates the approximate wing area in square metres.
- Twist 13
- Small sized model with a wing area of 13 m2 (140 sq ft), wing span of 9.2 m (30.2 ft), aspect ratio of 6.5:1 and a pilot hook-in weight range of 40 to 60 kg (88 to 132 lb).
- Twist 15
- Medium sized model with a wing area of 15.5 m2 (167 sq ft), wing span of 9.2 m (30.2 ft), aspect ratio of 6.5:1 and a pilot hook-in weight range of 55 to 75 kg (121 to 165 lb).
- Twist 16
- Medium sized model with a wing area of 16.5 m2 (178 sq ft), wing span of 9.2 m (30.2 ft), aspect ratio of 6.2:1 and a pilot hook-in weight range of 70 to 100 kg (154 to 220 lb).
Specifications (Twist 15)
Data from Bertrand
- Crew: one
- Wingspan: 9.2 m (30 ft 2 in)
- Wing area: 15.5 m2 (167 sq ft)
- Aspect ratio: 6.5:1
- Bertrand, Noel; Rene Coulon; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2003-04, page 43. Pagefast Ltd, Lancaster OK, 2003. ISSN 1368-485X