|Emil Wilhelm Vogel|
|Born||20 July 1894
|Died||1 October 1985
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
|Years of service||1914–1945|
|Rank||General der Gebirgstruppe|
|Commands held||101. Jäger Division
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Emil Wilhelm Vogel (20 July 1894 – 1 October 1985) was a highly decorated General der Gebirgstruppe in the Wehrmacht during World War II who commanded the XXXVI. Gebirgskorps. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Emil Vogel was captured by British troops in Norway in 1945, he was released in 1947.
Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class (11 June 1915)
- 1st Class (25 October 1916)
- Honour Cross of the World War 1914/1918
- Anschluss Medal (8 November 1938)
- Sudetenland Medal (15 August 1939)
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (25 September 1939)
- 1st Class (20 October 1939)
- Infantry Assault Badge (14 October 1942)
- Crimea Shield
- Eastern Front Medal (7 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (25 April 1942)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (29 March 1944)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 350.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 70.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939–1945 – Die Inhaber der höchsten Auszeichnung des Zweiten Weltkrieges aller Wehrmachtsteile [The Bearers of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939–1945 — The Owners of the Highest Award of the Second World War of all Wehrmacht Branches] (in German). Friedberg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 978-3-7909-0284-6.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Die Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives [The Knight's Cross Bearers 1939–1945 The Holders of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross 1939 by Army, Air Force, Navy, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm and Allied Forces with Germany According to the Documents of the Federal Archives] (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
Generalleutnant Erich Diestel
|Commander of 101. Jäger-Division
1 September 1942 - 12 July 1944
Generalleutnant Dr. Walter Aßmann
General der Infanterie Karl Weisenberger
|Commander of XXXVI. Gebirgskorps
10 August 1944 - 8 May 1945