Emmanuel 'Manny' Yarborough (born September 5, 1964) is an American amateur sumo wrestler and mixed martial arts (MMA) competitor, also having competed in judo, wrestling, and American football.
He was coached in Judo by Yoshisada Yonezuka. He was 6 ft 8 in (2.03 meters) tall and has weighed up to 882 lb (400 kg). He holds the Guinness World Record for the heaviest living athlete. Emmanuel wears a size 21 shoe. He was the 1995 World Amateur Sumo Champion and is considered to be one of the most famous sumo wrestlers outside Japan. He competed in UFC 3, a mixed martial arts competition, losing to the much smaller Keith Hackney (who has since taken the nickname "The Giant Killer") and Daiju Takase (209 lbs) in Pride Fighting Championships.
College Football and wrestling
Yarborough was recruited for wrestling and football at Morgan State University. He achieved All American status in the Heavyweight class in 1983 Division II and 1986 Division I.
He appeared in a 1997 Bollywood film Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi which features Bollywood action hero Akshay Kumar and has appeared on several talk shows, as well as in a commercial for Motorola. He has also appeared on the HBO drama Oz as an inmate named Clarence Seroy.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown
Championships and accomplishments
- 1995 World Amateur Sumo Champion
Other Sumo achievements:
- 1992 1st Sumo World Championships Open Division 2nd Place
- 1993 2nd Sumo World Championships Open Division 3rd Place
- 1994 3rd Sumo World Championships Open Division 2nd Place
- 1996 5th Sumo World Championships Open Division 2nd Place
- NCAA All American, 1983, 1985 and 1986, Morgan State University
- Second place, U.S. Nationals 1989
- NCAA Division I-AA All-American offensive tackle, Morgan State University, 1982, 1983