Eric Donaldson (born June 11, 1947, St. Catherine, Jamaica) is a Jamaican reggae singer-songwriter.
Donaldson has won the Jamaican Festival Song Competition six times, in 1971, 1977, 1978, 1984, 1993 and 1997. His winning 1971 entry, "Cherry Oh Baby", launched him into the limelight, although he had been composing and recording since 1964. "Cherry Oh Baby" has been covered by both The Rolling Stones (on their 1976 album, Black and Blue) and UB40 (on their 1983 album, Labour of Love). The riddim has remained extremely popular – over thirty cover versions have been recorded, including an update by Donaldson himself.
In 1971 he recorded a version of the much-copied song, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight".
Donaldson currently lives in Kent Village, Jamaica where he runs the 'Cherry Oh Baby Go-Go' bar.
- Eric Donaldson (1971), Jaguar - reissued with bonus tracks as Love Of The Common People
- Keep on Riding (1976), Dynamic Sounds
- Kent Village (1978), Dynamic Sounds
- Juan De Bolas (1980), Dynamic Sounds - also released as Stand Up
- Rock Me Gentle (1981), Serengeti
- Come Away (1982), Dynamic Sounds
- Right On Time (1985), Dynamic Sounds
- Rocky Road (1986), Capitol records and EMI Nigeria.
- The System (1985), WEA - reissued as Children of Jah
- Crazy You Crazy Me (1988)
- Trouble in Afrika (1991)
- Blackman Victory (1993) - reissued with bonus tracks as Beautiful Day
- Peace and Love (1998), Joe Gibbs - reissued as Young and Reckless
- In Action (2000), Roots & Culture - with Sil Bell & Keith Coley
- Mr. Pirate (2004), Ice - reissued as 100% of Love
- Cherry Oh Baby (1997), Trojan
- The Very Best of Eric Donaldson (1992), Rhino
- Very Best of Eric Donaldson (1998), Musicrama
- Oh What a Feeling (1998), Rhino
- Beautiful Day (1999)
- Freedom Street (1999), Rhino
- Super Medley Hits (2000), T.P.
- Greetings (2001), Rhino
- The Very Best of Eric Donaldson Vol.1 (2002), Rhino
- Anthology (2003), Creole
- Cherry Oh Baby (2003), Smith & Co
- Eric Donaldson Sings 20 Jamaica Classics (2004)
- Cherry Oh Baby (The Best Of) (2006), Trojan