|No. 58 New York Jets|
|Date of birth:||July 1, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Aberdeen, Maryland|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||244 lb (111 kg)|
|Career highlights and awards|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
|Stats at NFL.com|
Erin Henderson (born July 1, 1986) is an American football linebacker for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He was signed by the Minnesota Vikings as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at Maryland.
Henderson was born and raised in Aberdeen, Maryland. He played quarterback and linebacker for Aberdeen High School in Harford County, Maryland and won the first state football championship in school history.
After redshirting his freshman year with the Terrapins, Henderson missed the entire 2005 season after tearing his left anterior cruciate ligament.
Henderson entered his redshirt sophomore year at Maryland and started 12 of 13 games at linebacker. He earned second team all-ACC honors while finishing 2nd in the conference in total tackles.
Henderson recorded 133 tackles, a forced fumble, and four fumble recoveries, and was a semi-finalist for the Dick Butkus Award, which went to James Laurinaitis of Ohio State. He led a 6–6 Maryland squad to the 2007 Emerald Bowl, where they lost to Oregon State.
During his rookie year, he played in 10 games and finished with 15 tackles. He mostly played on special teams and saw limited time on defense.
Henderson played in two regular season games for the Vikings in 2009, recording four tackles. He was suspended four games by the NFL on December 15, 2009 for violation of league's banned substances policy. Henderson won the starting job at weak-side linebacker at the start of the 2011 season and has been a valuable player on the Viking's defense.
Set to become an unrestricted free agent for the 2013 season, Henderson re-signed with the Vikings for a two-year contract. On the first regular season game on 2013 against the Lions, Henderson recorded his first Interceptions and got 11 tackles and 1 Pass Deflection.
New York Jets
Henderson was charged with a DWI and possession of ten grams of marijuana on February 27, 2014 after being released from the Vikings earlier that month. On May 7, 2014, he was sentenced to two years of probation after he pled guilty to the latter DWI charge.
- Murray, Ken (April 28, 2008). "Draft call never comes for Henderson, others". Baltimoresun.com. Retrieved 2009-01-17.
- Twitter / VikingUpdate: #Vikings LB Erin Henderson
- Pelissero, Tom (March 12, 2013). "Vikings re-sign linebacker Erin Henderson to two-year deal". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- Gantt, Darin (February 7, 2014). "Vikings release Erin Henderson after two arrests". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-03-09.
- Lange, Randy (April 8, 2015). "LB Erin Henderson Signs with Jets". New York Jets. Archived from the original on April 8, 2015. Retrieved April 8, 2015.
- Minnesota Vikings' Erin Henderson arrested on DWI charge
- Pelissero, Tom (January 2, 2014). "Vikings linebacker drove off road before DUI arrest". USAToday.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- Alper, Josh (February 28, 2014). "Erin Henderson faces four charges for first of two DUI arrests". NBCSports.com. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Former Viking Erin Henderson Charged With DWI, Drug Possession". CBSLocal.com. February 27, 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-01.
- "Ex-Viking Henderson Gets Probation After Pleading Guilty To DWI". CBSLocal.com. May 7, 2014. Retrieved 2014-06-01.