Ethel Lang (supercentenarian)
27 May 1900
(age 114 years, 98 days)
Worsbrough, South Yorkshire, England, UK
|Residence||Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England, UK|
|Known for||Oldest living person in the UK since 14 November 2013|
Ethel Lang (née Lancaster; born 27 May 1900) from Barnsley, South Yorkshire, is a British supercentenarian. She is at the age of 114 years, 98 days, the oldest living person in the United Kingdom, the eighth oldest living person in the world, the second oldest living person in Europe and one of the 100 oldest people ever.
Lang was born at Worsbrough, near Barnsley, to Charles and Sarah Lancaster and married William Lang in 1922. They had a daughter, Margaret, in 1923. Lang's mother lived to the age of 91, and her great-grandmother until 92.
- List of European supercentenarians
- List of oldest living people by nation
- List of the verified oldest women
- Oldest people
- Harston, Katia (1 June 2013). "Ethel turns 113 with cake and cuppa". Barnsley Chronicle.
- "Validated Living Supercentenarians". Gerontology Research Group.
- "Barnsley’s grand lady Ethel now Britain’s oldest person". Barnsley News and Sport. 15 November 2013. Retrieved 27 January 2014.
- "Ethel in fine form at 108". The Star. 2 June 2008. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- "Ethel turns 110". Barnsley Town Talk. 28 May 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2010.
- Sutton Valence woman Vera Pigott marks 109th birthday at North Street care home to become one of Kent's oldest people
|United Kingdom's oldest living person
14 November 2013 – present