|Europe's Strongest Man
| Hafthor Bjornsson
Europe's Strongest Man is an annual strength athletics competition which began in 1980. The event is held in various locations throughout Europe, and features exclusively European strongman competitors. Mariusz Pudzianowski currently holds the record for most wins with 6 titles. Zydrunas Savickas, Geoff Capes and Riku Kiri each hold 3 titles. As of 2010, the Europe's Strongest Man contest has become a part of the Giants Live season of annual grand prix events. The contest serves as a qualifying event for the World's Strongest Man contest, with the top 3 placings qualifying for that year's WSM contest.
Championships by country
- ^ David Horne (May 7, 2010). "David Horne's World of Grip". David Horne. Retrieved May 7, 2010.
- ^ Body.Builder.hu suggests that Lars Hedlund came second in 1980 whereas Dave Horne's world of grip names Richard Slaney
- ^ a b c David Webster, Sons of Samson Volume 2 Profiles, page 78 (Ironmind Enterprises), ISBN 0-926888-06-4
- ^ a b David Horne's World of Grip names two tournaments in both 1992 and 1994
- ^ http://www.ironmind.com/ironmind/opencms/Articles/2012/Jun/Zydrunas_Savickas_Wins_Europexs_Strongest_Man.html
- ^ http://www.giants-live.com/a/id/102/Savickas-wins-Europe's-Strongest-Man-2013.html